Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can A Legend Ruin Their Legacy Musically?

Also, there is no such thing as rankings among legends.
images

You poddin lol

You call niggas out all the time for falling off.

Em being ass since 04 is significant.

A nigga who had a 3 year span where he was nice and fell off, should be ranked differently than a nigga who's still nice 10 years in.
Eminem could be ass since 2004 and still be one of the best ever to the field

You’re not factoring in the cemented aspect of legends

Drake and Kendrick are guys that this could happen to not guys that been stamped for 10-20 years

There's a whole movie called "Top 5" :niggaa:

"Argue all day about who's the best MCs , Biggie Jayz or Nas"

Barbershop talk is nothing but ranking debates.

Yall poddin, I'm out man lol

27bhTp.gif

IMO a true legend or icon (whether you personally like them or their music or not) cant lose their status as such, like others have said art is forever as is history... and the impact from their art and history cant be reversed...

I would say they can lose their relevancy and reputations but not their stamp of legend/icon from what they previously achieved, invented or paved the way for etc...

You dont have to like a legend or an icon (or play their music) to acknowledge their contribution to the arts either imo...

Like are R.Kelly or Diddy legends still??? I would say so, even though R Kelly is a scumbag and sounds like Diddy too (though until proven guilty and all that)...

Their impact in art makes them that imo, even if they were on some scumbag sh!t... Their reputations are now in the dirt but theyve already done legendary sh!t, you cant take away their impact or erase history...

Though Im willing to admit Im wrong if someone can convince me otherwise...

People still bang on about how great Picasso was and marvel at his work but he was a piece of sh!t that abused women, made them suffer and called them doormats...

Last edited:
Duds only really hurt if they still have a pulse in the general hip hop audience & still cross generations. Once you solely a legacy act for pretty much your own era Duds don’t really do much.

Most old rappers essentially in what the Big 3 is to the NBA.

The answer is yes
We all witness the Ja Rule fall off in real time

Koonye already ruined his legacy, despite how rich he is or influential he pretends to be

J cole is ruining his legacy.

People will always question Drake's legacy for better or worse

Back