Welcome To aBlackWeb

CA task force considering reparations

"Consider"
happens-everyday_o_911695.gif

“CA just became the first state in the nation to mandate the study and development of proposals for reparations”

what’s the problem with that?

This is what a soft no looks lIke

Great PR move though

“CA just became the first state in the nation to mandate the study and development of proposals for reparations”

what’s the problem with that?
Folks have already studied how much reparations cost and this just looks like pandering to a Governor who will likely run for President in 2024. Every other group got cash and land except us with no "studying" or "considerations" at all in country. America wouldn't be a superpower without slavery.

Last edited:
This is just something for Newsom to put on his boiler plate when he runs for prez in 2024

“I was the only governor to create a task force on reparations” will be his go to response to the race questions

This is what a soft no looks lIke

Great PR move though

What's soft about it? Research is the first step in creating any proposal. Granted, this might not actually lead to anything, but I don't really see how it's soft.

Also, I'm curious about whether or not there were any slaves in Cali too. It became a state in 1850. Slaves weren't freed federally until 1863, so it was legal there, but I don't know how much those laws were enforced.

Back