Welcome To aBlackWeb

Brooklyn's white population surges as black residents exit

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
It’s a tale of two Brooklyns.

Kings County led the city’s massive population growth over the past decade with a 9.2 percent jump — higher than any other borough, according to data released by the U.S. Census Bureau.

But there’s a stark demographic divide behind that increase.

White residents saw their ranks climb by 8.4 percent increase while black residents saw an 8.7 percent decline.

MAKE NEW YORK DANGEROUS AGAIN!!!

:cry:

Sigh…. Brooklyn is so white washed shits sad. But there’s still many parts that are still very much black. Nostrand, parts of Fulton, East NY. But otherwise Brooklyn ain’t Brooklyn no more & hasn’t been in a long time. The whites have claimed that land

He don’t live there either lol
Facts. Muhfucka been moved to Tribeca.

And even Nostrand Ave has been gentrified. Franklin Ave looks like Williamsburg now.

It’s gonna take a while before Cacs capture East NY, and Brownsville tho. Fulton isn’t there yet…at least, not from Fulton and Franklin to Fulton and Ralph.

Last edited:
Facts. Muhfucka been moved to Tribeca.

And even Nostrand Ave has been gentrified. Franklin Ave looks like Williamsburg now.

It’s gonna take a while before Cacs capture East NY, and Brownsville tho. Fulton isn’t there yet…at least, not from Fulton and Franklin to Fulton and Ralph.
LOL exactly if the niggas that could afford to own stayed it may be a different story

It’s a tale of two Brooklyns.

Kings County led the city’s massive population growth over the past decade with a 9.2 percent jump — higher than any other borough, according to data released by the U.S. Census Bureau.

But there’s a stark demographic divide behind that increase.

White residents saw their ranks climb by 8.4 percent increase while black residents saw an 8.7 percent decline.

MAKE NEW YORK DANGEROUS AGAIN!!!

:cry:

You haven’t seen the rising crime rates. NYC is definitely not for the weak right now.

They coming for the south Bronx too where my mom live. They building a whole bunch of new buildings and willing to pay my mom to move out her building

The thing that annoys me about people's take on gentrification is that they seem more upset by the fact that white people are moving in than the fact that the black people tend to be living in bad situations. The issue should be less about the entrenchment of whites and more about the lack of resources put into the area where black people are. It always trips me out how some people complain about how white people are taking over certain areas, but never talk about how those areas were impoverished and crime-ridden beforehand. I'm all for keeping black areas black, but can we at least try to make them safe for black people?

The thing that annoys me about people's take on gentrification is that they seem more upset by the fact that white people are moving in than the fact that the black people tend to be living in bad situations. The issue should be less about the entrenchment of whites and more about the lack of resources put into the area where black people are. It always trips me out how some people complain about how white people are taking over certain areas, but never talk about how those areas were impoverished and crime-ridden beforehand. I'm all for keeping black areas black, but can we at least try to make them safe for black people?
That’s the thing, soon as they make the area safer, business comes in and raise the real estate

New York will always be New York, no matter the racial make up..

New York is like, if you see a chick getting the shit beat outta her by her man, and you stop him and fight him off of her..

And she get up off the ground, jump on ya back and bite ya neck cause you hit her man..

That’s the type of toxic New York is, regardless of a New Yorkers race and that shit will never change

aint been the same ever since

Is This Trill Enough? — “It's like New York been soft ever since Snoop...

That’s the thing, soon as they make the area safer, business comes in and raise the real estate

Yeah, that's what makes gentrification bad (alongside the fact that the invading whites are generally obnoxious and feel like everyone should change to accommodate them). It would be nice if there was an initiative to improve the area without changing the demographics.

There's a lot of black city workers working for the MTA, NYCDOT, Sanitation. Etc. Then you got Utility companies like Con Edison. Nurses.. Making crazy bread..
I don't think the Black Middle Class moving out like that. Might I add there's a lot of black ownership going on and old folks passing their homes unto their children generation 2 generation. People rarely talk about that tho

Last edited:
Back