Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Bobby Caldwell Dead At 71

Norrin_Radd

I'm Low-key/Loki even more-so than Thor's bro...

Such a sad day. Bobby Caldwell is one of my favorites of all time. My daughter sings me them. I’ve been trying to book him/ connect for years but his health had been slowing him down. Much love to his wife. Rest in Peace Bobby & thank you!

#repost via Jamal Ahmad — “REST IN PEACE to the don, multi instrumentalist/singer-songwriter Bobby Caldwell. Got his start in the early 70s playing rhythm guitar for Little Richard. His mother was a real estate agent who sold Bob Marley his house in Miami. He and Bobby became good friends. He was so soulful, his label didn't even want the world to know he was white. They did the same thing to Teena Marie. He was often dubbed a "blue eyed soul singer" and shocked black audiences in the late 70s when he toured as the supporting act to Natalie Cole and they discovered he was a white guy. What I loved about him was how jazzy his songs were. "What You Won't Do For Love" is arguably one of the most endearing songs of the late 70s. I think we've all felt it deeply whenever we sang along with him. Other personal faves are "Old Flame" and "Open Your Eyes" both sampled respectively by Notorious B.I.G(Sky's The Limit) and Common(The Light). I supported one of his final projects, Cool Uncle, which was a collaborative release with Atlanta producer Jack Splash of Plantlife. "Break Away" from their album was a personal fave. Very sad to learn of his passing. I'm a true fan. May he rest in love.” — from Jamal Ahmad on Facebook.
853F624D-4919-459C-B031-3CBC19D6A6A5.jpeg

Damn RIP, saw a tweet earlier with him and didn’t really read it just scrolled. Didn’t know it was a tribute tweet

Back