Welcome To aBlackWeb

Blockbuster stores over 30 years:

Till this day I don't understand how they couldn't see that NetFlix would be a success.
I would say not so much Netflix but the smartphone and just ability to get online anywhere anytime..I looked up my thst deal and thst was 2000....I mean flip phones were still prevalent and tablets maybe a decade off from existing

I would say not so much Netflix but the smartphone and just ability to get online anywhere anytime..I looked up my thst deal and thst was 2000....I mean flip phones were still prevalent and tablets maybe a decade off from existing

Yeah, it was a long time ago, but the internet was beginning to pop off. It was at a time where anyone with decent visions could have seen that the idea was a good one.

It's crazy that they barely even made an effort to transition to mail and streaming once netflix came out. It's like they weren't even trying to stay in business.

It's crazy that they barely even made an effort to transition to mail and streaming once netflix came out. It's like they weren't even trying to stay in business.
This actually isn't true

they had mail services and had a streaming site.

There is a great documentary on Netflix ironically about Blockbuster and what really happened

Should’ve took that deal with Netflix
When you think about it and where they were as a business at that time its easy to why they didnt...

hindsight is 20/20

but mot taking that deal wasnt the reason they went under

its all in the documentary

I know the ppl who put up stores like a month or so before stores started coming down were pissed

I mean if it was a franchise store and you had it in a place where you could still make a profit, I don't think you had to close it. When I went to Alaska in like 2016, I saw one still going strong and this was well after every Blockbuster in my area or other areas I visited were long closed.

I mean if it was a franchise store and you had it in a place where you could still make a profit, I don't think you had to close it. When I went to Alaska in like 2016, I saw one still going strong and this was well after every Blockbuster in my area or other areas I visited were long closed.
That one is closed now

its only one store left

in Oregon

Even if it’s a franchise, you get a store while the entire company is going down the drain and losing profit and starting to close stores

how many years do you have? Even if it’s 4 years that’s a horrible investment

Even if it’s a franchise, you get a store while the entire company is going down the drain and losing profit and starting to close stores

how many years do you have? Even if it’s 4 years that’s a horrible investment

Yeah, you right. The best you could hope to do is try and get some type of return on your investment, which may have been possible depending on location. A lot of rural areas have terrible internet and were still leaning heavily on rental stores.

Lol yeah maybe but paying your property manager monthly with DVD rentals seems tough

lol Yeah, I don't know. I wonder how much money gets made from Redbox and the similar kiosks you see in grocery stores. Even now, people still use those shits. That's got to be salt in the wound for Blockbuster. It ain't even like physical rentals are 100% dead, somebody else just found a better way to do it.

lol Yeah, I don't know. I wonder how much money gets made from Redbox and the similar kiosks you see in grocery stores. Even now, people still use those shits. That's got to be salt in the wound for Blockbuster. It ain't even like physical rentals are 100% dead, somebody else just found a better way to do it.
I’m sure ppl rented movies from there and just kept them too lol

Back