Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black teen racially profiled and harassed, Car vandalized

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy

Donald Eugene Corsi and Howard Oral Hughes are facing felony charges after a Black teen says he was racially profiled and attacked in his car in a neighborhood in Sanford, Florida, the same city where 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by George Zimmerman in 2012. The 16-year-old boy’s father, CJ Jones, posted video and photos of the aftermath of the incident on Facebook on June 14, 2022. Corsi is accused of throwing a large rock through the window of the boy’s car, smashing it, while the 16-year-old was in the car.

The incident happened on Maple Glen Place in Sanford, where both Corsi and Hughes live. The teen’s sister wrote on Twitter on June 15, “Yesterday my 16-year-old brother was racially profiled in a neighborhood in Sanford Florida, the same city as Trayvon Martin. Luckily, he had a different fate. I commend my brother for how he reacted in the situation. They tried to throw a brick at his head, And missed.”

Corsi, 52, and Hughes, 61, were later arrested, according to Seminole County court records viewed by Heavy. Corsi was charged with weapon offenses accusing him of sending a “missile” into a vehicle, which is a second-degree felony. They were both charged with criminal mischief, accused of causing more than $1,000 in damages to property, which is a third-degree felony. Hughes was additionally charged with first-degree misdemeanor battery (touch or strike). They were released from the Seminole County jail after posting bond, records show.

It was not immediately known if an unidentified woman seen in the video is, or could be, facing charges. Corsi and Hughes were arrested by the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office, records show. An arrest report was not immediately available and the sheriff’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the case. Corsi and Hughes have also not commented and neither had attorneys listed in online court records.

Back