Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black History Month 2023

Loquacious

🤎🖤
Site President
It’s a cotton picking shame that this thread hasn’t been made.

Let’s dedicate this to our black members this year.

I’ll start with my dedication.

@Inori the first black man to win damn near every damn give away on the site.

Id like to say thank you to everyone responsible for giving out the prizes.. yall aint have to give out real shit but yall did and i appreciate that all the prizes I've won were from black owned businesses.

Id also like to thank the rest of the board members that were too lazy to enter the contests which made it easier for me to win.. I couldnt have done it without yall as well.

I look forward to the next giveaway(s)

ezgif-3-6bd0ec5cfe.gif

giphy.gif
...........welcome back

May not be the first, but definitely the greatest 😎

I'm still undecided on whether Bass Reeves was actually a hero or a fuck nigga but either way dude was a legend

Why would he be a fuck nigga? Law enforcement in and of itself isn't a bad thing, and it's not like he was out there harassing people over jaywalking. He was bringing robbers and murderers.

So here's something for discussion.

Alright, we all know why this is perceived as racism, and honestly, when white people do stuff like this, it typically does come from a racist place. That said...fried chicken and watermelon are basically Black foods.

They are part of our heritage. They are among the most popular foods in the world, and we're responsible for that. At what point do we take them back and stop seeing it as offensive whenever they are associated with us? Is that even possible given white people still use them to try and insult us? I kinda feel like if we all collectively said "Yeah, we like fried chicken and watermelon. So what?" their use as an insult would be depowered.

On a side note: It's hilarious, given this issue, that I've only ever been to one black banquet where fried chicken wasn't served, and people there were complaining that there was no fried chicken.

Why would he be a fuck nigga? Law enforcement in and of itself isn't a bad thing, and it's not like he was out there harassing people over jaywalking. He was bringing robbers and murderers.

So here's something for discussion.

Alright, we all know why this is perceived as racism, and honestly, when white people do stuff like this, it typically does come from a racist place. That said...fried chicken and watermelon are basically Black foods.

They are part of our heritage. They are among the most popular foods in the world, and we're responsible for that. At what point do we take them back and stop seeing it as offensive whenever they are associated with us? Is that even possible given white people still use them to try and insult us? I kinda feel like if we all collectively said "Yeah, we like fried chicken and watermelon. So what?" their use as an insult would be depowered.

On a side note: It's hilarious, given this issue, that I've only ever been to one black banquet where fried chicken wasn't served, and people there were complaining that there was no fried chicken.

Ayo I had to do research on it too they demonized chicken and watermelon because it was viewed as cheap food and not a lot to make and something about watermelons dealing with tough soil. Same thing collards and whiting and crab. Cheap abundant food that’s available and pretty good and we made it fire.

Back