Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bill Cobbs, Night at the Museum and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Actor, Dies at 90

niorwimbi

Actor Bill Cobbs, who amassed dozens of acting roles over the course of his career, has passed away. He was 90 years old.

Per Entertainment Weekly, Cobbs died of natural causes on Tuesday. His passing was confirmed by his publicist, Chuck I. Jones, who referred to the Night at the Museum star as "just a phenomenal human being." Jones further described the late actor as a "very genuine, kind, and concerned person who was always looking to help others."

Cobbs was born on June 16, 1934. After serving in the U.S. Air Force for eight years, Cobbs relocated to New York with hopes of launching an acting career in 1970. After getting his start with theater productions, the actor went on to make his feature film debut in 1974's The Taking of Pelham One Two Three. More work on the big and small screens would be soon to follow, turning Cobbs into a prolific actor who appeared in various films and TV shows for the rest of his life.

In film, some of Cobb's most recognizable roles include the movies The Hitter, The Brother from Another Planet, and Oz the Great and Powerful. There are many, many other movies he can be recognized from, having appeared in films like Trading Places, The People Under the Stairs, The Bodyguard, Demolition Man, Ghosts of Mississippi, Air Bud, Paulie, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, The Muppets, Call Me King, and Block Party. He memorably played Reginald in 2006's Night at the Museum, and he reprised the role for the 2009 sequel, Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, though his scene was deleted. However, Cobbs was able to reprise the role for a final time in the 2014 sequel, Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb.

Last edited:
Always a familiar and welcoming presence in any movie or TV show he was in from New Jack City ,Always Outnumbered ,The Hudsucker Proxy and That Thing You Do. Rest Well

Back