Welcome To aBlackWeb

Better Prod: Jermaine Dupri vs Jimmy Jam/Terry Lewis

Which One U Got?

• Total voters
JD is one of my fave producers. Can always pick his beats out. Them thangs smooth as hell.

C'mon man this is too easy. Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis dominated 2 decades of music. The 80s and 90s.

They'e right besides babyface and LA Reid as the two most dominant R&B and pop producers of all time.

They still doing it today also with the production on Janet Jackson latest album

Jimmy JAm and Terry Lewis were in the revolution and session players.....a huge part of Jermaine's legacy is in Rn B and he did nt really make any of those beats

lol don't start that "he didn't make the beats" shit, his name is under producer, so lets go with tangible facts.

Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis had their hands on legitimate greatness more often than not. From peak era Prince to early Janet. On top of that everybody started to emulate their style. Even in rap (I'm looking at you Teddy Riley). No comparison at all.

Never was big on JD's production at all.

The Usher and Mariah albums were good comebacks cause they came at the perfect time for both. they were also hacky and over produced. Despite everybody else's love for them I feel they are among the worse in their respective catalogs.

He peaked in his Kriss Kross/Da Brat days. They got some beats that better rappers probably deserved. JD's beats carried them.

Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis had their hands on legitimate greatness more often than not. From peak era Prince to early Janet. On top of that everybody started to emulate their style. Even in rap (I'm looking at you Teddy Riley). No comparison at all.

The Usher and Mariah albums were good comebacks but they were also hacky and over produced. Despite everybody else's love for them I feel they are among the worse in their respective catalogs.

Never was big on JD's production at all. He peaked in his Kriss Kross/Da Brat days. They got some beats that better rappers probably deserved. JD's beats carried them.
what? that nigga single handlely saved Usher. Mariah Carey and Mary J Blige s careers

this is essentially, which era did u enjoy more, lol
i like the jimmy jam janet shit... but not like i like the JD shit..it's basically the shit i thought was cool when i was a kid, vs the shit i actually sung hung out and partied too..the shit i can reflect on with actual memories of shit dropping and it being a big deal.....

i can't for myself say i fondly remember hearing any of jimmy jam/ terry lewis shit when i was out there dating and partying...

jd shit is essentially on the soundtrack of my 20's

shit's that simple for me

I said the Mariah and Usher joints were good comebacks but musically they were ass and repetitive as hell. Very lower common denominator music for their standards.
call it what u want ...each of those artists were headed for the trash bin before he gave them their some of their biggest hits

Back