Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Best Rza Beat Tournament (Rd1): Protect Ya Neck vs It's Yourz

Better Beat?

• Protect Ya Neck

• It's Yourz

Results are only viewable after voting.
This was tough for me. I went with Protect Your Neck though simply because of how many people spit on it. I gotta give credit to Rza for being able to consistently make beats good enough to support posse cuts.

It’s Yourz is a better beat sonically

I won't argue that. If you just put the instrumentals on by themselves I'd probably choose It's Yourz, but these beats are meant to be instrumentals. They are meant to be backgrounds for rap songs, and I think Protect Your Neck serves that purpose a little better. It's close though.

I won't argue that. If you just put the instrumentals on by themselves I'd probably choose It's Yourz, but these beats are meant to be instrumentals. They are meant to be backgrounds for rap songs, and I think Protect Your Neck serves that purpose a little better. It's close though.
That’s what this thread is lol

That’s what this thread is lol

We only care about how it sounds with nothing else on it? Something sounding better sonically doesn't make it a better beat for a hip hop song, at least not in my opinion.

If there is a rule that I missed that the only factor to be considered is how they sound as instrumentals in a vacuum, then yes It's Yourz is better.

We only care about how it sounds with nothing else on it? Something sounding better sonically doesn't make it a better beat for a hip hop song, at least not in my opinion.

If there is a rule that I missed that the only factor to be considered is how they sound as instrumentals in a vacuum, then yes It's Yourz is better.
You don’t play both beats in each thread then vote on which is better just from the beat?

Seems like you just attaching an unnecessary criteria to vote but maybe it’s me

You don’t play both beats in each thread then vote on which is better just from the beat?

Seems like you just attaching an unnecessary criteria to vote but maybe it’s me

I don't listen to any rap beat just for the beat though. To me, how rappers sound over he beat impacts how good the beat is for a rap song. There are plenty of instrumental songs out there that I like from a musical standpoint, but I think would be trash as a beat if someone tried to rap over them.

Like I said though, if this is just about purely how they sound sonically as opposed to how well they serve as the musical portion of a rap song, I'd pick It's Yourz.

I don't listen to any rap beat just for the beat though. To me, how rappers sound over he beat impacts how good the beat is for a rap song. There are plenty of instrumental songs out there that I like from a musical standpoint, but I think would be trash as a beat if someone tried to rap over them.

Like I said though, if this is just about purely how they sound sonically as opposed to how well they serve as the musical portion of a rap song, I'd pick It's Yourz.

I look forward to Next thread where you can rectify your voting process 🫡

Back