Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Best Kanye West Beat Tournament (Semi Finals): You Don't Know My Name vs Flashing Lights

Better Beat?

• You Don't Know My Name

• Flashing Lights

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Flashing Lights" is an Eric Hudson beat though.

Q: How complete were the actual beat and arrangement for "Flashing Lights" when it was played for Kanye? What were some things that were done to the song in post-production?

A: The entire beat was complete when I played the track for him. All that we added to the track was a live string section on top of the synth strings. He ended up writing the song the same night I played the track for him.
Q: Walk me through the actual process for putting together the beat, in terms of how the melody for the strings came together, what you used to sequence, what type of synth patch was used, the drums, gear you used…etc.
A: I started with the strings.... Then I used the mpc to sequence the drums. Once I had that I was just playing around with the loop, the strings and drums and it was sounding boring. As soon as I threw in that bass line though, I knew I was creating something crazy.

Read More: Q&A With “Flashing Lights” Producer Eric Hudson - XXL | https://www.xxlmag.com/qa-with-flas...udson/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

"Flashing Lights" is an Eric Hudson beat though.
scream-shout.gif

I've never heard anyone speak about these two particular Beats as possibly some of his best work

Not that I have an issue with either one but abw never ceases to amaze me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back