Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Best Just Blaze Beat Tournament (Rd2): Breathe vs Hovi Baby

Better Beat?

• Breathe

• Hovi Baby

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breathe's instrumental version doesn't do it justice because the singers on the hook tie it together and put the "Breathe!" on it. Also, i always preferred the DJ Clue mixtape version where they added Alonzo blasting the old white dude in Training Day as a intro. And Denzel tellin dude to BREATHE while he dying and then the beat drop..........crazy! Wish they coulda cleared that for the album.

Hovi Baby is one of those hip-hop beats where people think its a sample because the producer did such a good job reinterpolating it. Listen closely to that TLC live track and you'll notice they're not the same. That's SKILL.

Just Blaze stated that he and the Roots drummer are friends but Quest was upset at Blaze when he first heard the beat. "Funny thing about that record," Blaze said. "Questlove, we’re friends but he hates me because I remember, he hit me and was like, ‘Yo who played the drums on that?’ I’m like, ‘Dude, that’s me on my MP.’ That was a huge booster for me internally because one of the best hip-hop drummers ever is thinking that that record is a live drummer and it’s just me emulating that with my fingers."

Absolutely bonkers lmao

I think Hovi Baby's weakness is some of those synth sounds. They sound a lil too anime/cartoonish when just listening to the beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back