Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Best DJ Premier Beat Tournament (FINALS): Mass Appeal vs Nas Is Like

Better Beat?

• Mass Appeal

• Nas Is Like

Results are only viewable after voting.
Looks like his greatest beat is one long ass 2 sec loop.

No bullshit, doing this series actually made me move Premo further down my top 10.
Everybody waiting on the beat to switch after the first 30secs....first minute...3 minutes into the record...the outro....

200w (3).gif

Looks like his greatest beat is one long ass 2 sec loop.

No bullshit, doing this series actually made me move Premo further down my top 10.
Damn that's cold!!! But on the opposite, not that many people would have the ear to catch something that's only a second long. Or would take the time to listen to a whole record. Some producers would give up listening to a record if they don't like the sound or beat to it.

For me, I would say one of his top 3-5 beats of all time. Watching his So Wassup? videos on YouTube really makes you appreciate his craft.
Hey man you like what you like

Thank the ancestors Monotone Gu was spitting and Premier was scratching because......

That’s why he’s the GOAT 👍🏾

His genius is he does more with less

As hip hop producer, his job is the craft musical soundtracks that let the MC shine

No other hip hop producer does this better than him
We are in a no win situation with this one.

That’s why he’s the GOAT 👍🏾

His genius is he does more with less

As hip hop producer, his job is the craft musical soundtracks that let the MC shine

No other hip hop producer does this better than him
This a big pile of excuses, no disrespect to him cause he a goat

But this explanation right here.....doodoo grits
:scust:

We are in a no win situation with this one.

Throughout most (reputable) hip hop circles, Preemo’s status as top dog is cemented 🤷🏾‍♂️

For good reason.

He’s not an instrumentalist. His production is made for MCs to spit over. And unlike a lot of his peers,while captivating, his production is never in competition with the MC.

On the other hand Pete Rock, Dre, DJ Quik , etc are better instrumentalists. They make better “music” in the more traditional sense

Back