Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Benny the Butcher - Everybody Can't Go

12 songs. And 5 of them are 2 min tracks. The hooks/chorus are garbage juice mostly. Especially considering how between the features and 2 min jingles why not use the extra time he CLEARLY had to find someone to workshop that shit. Production is not horrible but below average for Benny

Track order is interrupting the flow of the album. It plays like a demo tape. Pillow Talk & Slander probably should have been the intro. Ray does not belong on the song should have just kept it Benny and Jadakiss.

He might have gotten over on Royce.

Cole, Kiss, Wayne & Big Sean.... seems like everytime Benny steps outside he gets washed the fuck up TBH

I'm not mad at this take. Benny can obviously rap at a high level. I just think it's something missing in his energy, tone, delivery or something....can't quite put my finger on it....but I felt the same way hearing him on tracks with those guys. Maybe it's because he has a more laid back conversational style of rap.....and there's certainly nothing wrong w/ that imo, but it does stick out when paired w/ artists whose styles are more energetic or engaging.

Back