Welcome To aBlackWeb

2 episodes have aired. I checked the season premier yesterday and need to watch the second episode tonight. Solid opener. The Czech guy is so fucking funny to me.

I died when Barry went up to the teachers room to ask when he would be coming back to direct the show and he told him hes miserable then used some metaphor for Suicide that barry didnt understand then the teacher was just like "I need you to get the fuck out of my room."

What's this show about?
So it follows Barry who is a former Marine who did some tours over in afghanistan and was a proficient killer over there. When the show starts we are given a brief history on him but he is now living back home in America and a contract killer working with his "Manager" a family friend by the name of Fuches.

They get contracts all over the country, working for different organized crime families. He comes to LA to do a job for a Czech crime family and things go a little bit wrong but he eventually completed the job but now has the LAPD on his tail. He gets a contract to kill someone and while following the person around waiting for his moment to strike, he follows him to an acting class. Barry joins the acting class waiting to get the right moment to kill the target, but ends up falling in love with the acting class and in particular a lady who attends the class.

The show carries on with Barry finding a new passion in life with acting and wanting to pursue it full time, but somehow or another he always gets brought back in to Contract killing or evading crime families he had performed hits on and now also law enforcement.

Its a really good show. Its funny, but has this darkness to it. Bill Hader plays barry and he does a great job with it. Hes very quiet, almost sociopathic and just a numb person until he discovers acting and starts breaking out of his shell the more he pursues it, but Fuches his family friend/manager wants him to keep killing as they were both making great money doing it so he tries to juggle both of these opposite lifestyles.

Comedy but great elements of Drama as well.

I love this show but let's keep it real, Noho Hank is the funniest character.

barry-5.jpg

Last edited:
Back