Welcome To aBlackWeb

Band gets body bagged by a tsunami

Soooo was there no indication that a tsunami was imminent and maybe a concert was not such a good idea?

What I'm thinkin

I don't know too much bout tsunamis, but do they hit all a sudden or do they build up kinda like a hurricane?

edit: found my answer

"A hurricane is a storm in the atmosphere; a tsunami is a huge tidal wave in the ocean, caused by a large under thrusting earthquake. They are entirely different phenomena. Both have the potential to be very damaging. The thing about a tsunami that makes it worse is that, as happened in Indonesia, there is little advance warning without the proper detectors installed at sea, so the people could not escape. You usually have enough time to get out of the way of a hurricane, and get to shelter. The force of so much water is greater than that of a hurricane, but hurricanes also last longer and so can cause lots of damage also. I have never heard of a hundred thousand people dying from one hurricane, though. But - don't worry. We have a good tsunami warning system in California, in case there is any great earthquake in Alaska that causes a tsunami in our side of the Pacific Ocean, so we can get out of the way. They did not have this in Indonesia and India - and you know all about the damage, from the news reports."

What I'm thinkin

I don't know too much bout tsunamis, but do they hit all a sudden or do they build up kinda like a hurricane?

edit: found my answer

"A hurricane is a storm in the atmosphere; a tsunami is a huge tidal wave in the ocean, caused by a large under thrusting earthquake. They are entirely different phenomena. Both have the potential to be very damaging. The thing about a tsunami that makes it worse is that, as happened in Indonesia, there is little advance warning without the proper detectors installed at sea, so the people could not escape. You usually have enough time to get out of the way of a hurricane, and get to shelter. The force of so much water is greater than that of a hurricane, but hurricanes also last longer and so can cause lots of damage also. I have never heard of a hundred thousand people dying from one hurricane, though. But - don't worry. We have a good tsunami warning system in California, in case there is any great earthquake in Alaska that causes a tsunami in our side of the Pacific Ocean, so we can get out of the way. They did not have this in Indonesia and India - and you know all about the damage, from the news reports."

Thats scary as shit. I wonder can they happen in the atlantic?

Indonesians sink every day b

cold but yea that's some regular shit around there tbh

I always felt like island nations in hurricane/typhoon/tsunami areas produce some tough people and hard attitudes because you're living in a civilization where its basically normal for the sea to rise up and nuke the shit every couple years

Goddamn! How the hell they not aware a tsunami could happen? Id be up in the mountains. Tsunami's are fucking terrifying, that'd be one of the worst deaths ever.

every time we get a tsunami warning you ALWAYS have mfs running to the beach with their surfboards and shit thinking theyre gonna surf something.

oh and people run to the store and buy steaks and beer to have a cookout

Last edited:
Back