Welcome To aBlackWeb

Average 2022 salaries per North American Leagues

I wish they'd stop this bullshit of comparing NBA and WNBA salaries.
Or at least compare the ratings as a backdrop.That's the main difference between the NBA/WNBA debate and the Mens/Womens US Soccer programs: the women were getting jerked on the pay but had a higher ratings of their games. Glad they finally fixed that.

Or at least compare the ratings as a backdrop.That's the main difference between the NBA/WNBA debate and the Mens/Womens US Soccer programs: the women were getting jerked on the pay but had a higher ratings of their games. Glad they finally fixed that.

I wouldn't even worry about the ratings. Just the money. WNBA brings in $60 million in revenue each year, and operates at a loss of about $10 million each season. Why the hell would they get a big ass pay bump? They already can't cover expenses.

WNBA is basically a greedy charity case. The league is kept around out of charity, but they think they deserve more and more money.

Bruh ratings don't mean shit either as far as Men's and Women's soccer is concerned.

The men get higher revenues cuz Men's soccer generates billions worldwide. Where as just Women's soccer doesn't.

Bruh ratings don't mean shit either as far as Men's and Women's soccer is concerned.

The men get higher revenues cuz Men's soccer generates billions worldwide. Where as just Women's soccer doesn't.

I think the women in soccer have a better argument than those in basketball. With our men not even qualifying for last WC I'm not sure they bring in significantly more than the women. The gap is at least much closer in that comparison.

It's actually deeper than. From what I've read, the women players had a choice. They could have always had a pay structure like the men, but they chose a different structure because it gave more money upfront and had better benefits. Then when they started winning and realized that the choice they made was no longer as profitable, they started acting like they were being cheated instead of just acknowledging that their position had changed and they wanted to renegotiate.

The WNBA argument is just nonsense. It would really be like Arena League players complaining because they don't get NFL money, but you'd never hear that because they understand reality.

It's actually deeper than. From what I've read, the women players had a choice. They could have always had a pay structure like the men, but they chose a different structure because it gave more money upfront and had better benefits. Then when they started winning and realized that the choice they made was no longer as profitable, they started acting like they were being cheated instead of just acknowledging that their position had changed and they wanted to renegotiate.

The WNBA argument is just nonsense. It would really be like Arena League players complaining because they don't get NFL money, but you'd never hear that because they understand reality.

I think the women were doe with that CBA though, but another hadn't been agreed upon yet. So they were still playing under the old one for a while.

I think the women in soccer have a better argument than those in basketball. With our men not even qualifying for last WC I'm not sure they bring in significantly more than the women. The gap is at least much closer in that comparison.

They don't. Which is why in the article that Mister B posted they would cherrypick certain years that made them look like they made more money. Like including the women's most recent World Cup money and excluding the Men's most recent WC money. If the Men get in to the next WC they will bring home between 300-500M, while the women will bring 50-75.

Also that article that Mister B posted is old

Yeah that court case got posted somewhere.

In it it was broken down that the women over the last few years have in totality made more than the men. The women basically have fully guarantee money and benefits, while the men are on basically a game by game pay rate.

They don't. Which is why in the article that Mister B posted they would cherrypick certain years that made them look like they made more money. Like including the women's most recent World Cup money and excluding the Men's most recent WC money. If the Men get in to the next WC they will bring home between 300-500M, while the women will bring 50-75.

Also that article that Mister B posted is old

The men do bring in more if they reach the world cup, but that's an if. They just missed it, so they didn't really create much more revenue than the women, but still earned drastically more.

When the men are in the WC and outearn the women though, i think that's fair

Back