Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 05-24-24

Artificial Story Arcsl

PRAISE: Jennifer Lopez is another actress finishing up her contract with Netflix and this time around its in Atlas a movie about a data analyst who has to track down a superior AI with the help of an AI despite her mistrust of all AI.
There is some fun to be had watching this flick. Lopez gives it her all in several scenes and she makes some dramatic moments work. The movie borrows a bit from movies like Alien but at least they do something with it here and there. The movie actually brought back some fond memories I have of my old Exo Squad action figures. Speaking of action there are some pretty good CGI filled action sequences. There are some amusing moments as Lopez's character bonds with her AI assistant. There were several good moments with an AI that takes a licking but keeps on ticking.

PROBLEMS: Far to many plot holes. Does any character especially those in the military know anything about stealth?
Simi Liu is wasted in his role he just stares at the camera and says a few sinister things. Absolutely no intimidation from his character. Abraham Popoolas character actually steals his thunder as another AI called Casca in several scenes. Sterling K Brown fairs a bit better but not much and I was actually confused about something that happens with the character but maybe I dosed off and missed something. The way certain things play out should have been told better giving characters a better foundation. What was done briefly in the movie I,Robot gave it that dramatic punch it needed but in this movie it just felt lackluster. When the flick reaches what I thought was it's climax I was shocked there was still twenty four minutes to go.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 5

That fight with Casca was pretty good....I like that actor... But like most movies, the black man the first to die 😫

Back