Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are you a fixer or a listener?

Both, I’m working on being a better listener every single day though. Hubby is both for sure, always listening to me.
Babe, am I a good listener or does my crazy take over when defending you? Lmao @Ghost313
We're working on the listening part, I'll chalk that up to the BX in you. Appreciate the Love Sweetheart.

I can say that you are one of the most selfless people I have met, no doubt you are a fixer.

We're working on the listening part, I'll chalk that up to the BX in you. Appreciate the Love Sweetheart.

I can say that you are one of the most selfless people I have met, no doubt you are a fixer.

Thank you my love!

Mix of both usually whatever the situation calls for. But if u keep complaining about the same shit n not taking advice or seeking solutions bring that bullshit elsewhere

I used to be an off rip fixer. My thoughts were ok, if you're coming to me with this, you looking for help or answers.

Then I started noticing a pattern in my relationships, so I took a step back. Now I listen a lot more than I used to. Sometimes people just need to vent.

Your S/O needs to vent

they unload a problem on you.....you may or may not even be able to help

do you automatically go into fix mode or can you just listen and offer advice/support?

Which do they expect or respond better to?

How do you feel if they tend to have a lot of problems you cant help with?

How does this effect the relationship?

Listening. Usually its something i don't need to help with so she just vents to me.

Fixer, learning to be a listener
This the realest shit you ever posted....

I have to fight the urge to fix and just sit there and really listen...

Sometimes just listening can be the fix in itself.... I'm learning that even though my intentions are pure... My wife really don't want me getting all excited and hop up to fix every single problem she brings to me..... Sometimes she just wanna vent...
She just want to talk.....

I gotta learn to relax.....

I be ready to go to her job and straight start popping everybody.....

This is how I know I'm....different
It's the only child and raised by a single parent in me. I never had that other person to unload my shit onto. Of course I had friends and shit, but it's nothing for me to sit in my head and come up with something on my own or figure out who I need to talk to and what I want or need from them.

So people just talking to me for no reason...I'll listen because I'm considerate, but in my head I'm like "yea but what do you want tho?" Lol. Like let me know upfront this convo won't be going anywhere lol
Also an only child raised by a single parent.

I got so many weird things about me bcuz of that

Im a listener. Like I get dead silent to the point I have people ask if im actually paying attention. I had 1 of my friends actually get mad at me when we first met because they thought my silence was me tuning them out instead of actually listening. I can't stand talking to people who only listen to respond. That's a pointless convo to have

Reactions: B_A
Im a listener. Like I get dead silent to the point I have people ask if im actually paying attention. I had 1 of my friends actually get mad at me when we first met because they thought my silence was me tuning them out instead of actually listening. I can't stand talking to people who only listen to respond. That's a pointless convo to have

lol thats funny cuz when im not listening, I chime in with bs responses

"hell yeah......thats crazy......whaaaahh?....mmmmh.....aint no telling......riiiiight"

Depends if they need an ear or help. I do by nature like to mend things but i learned people dont listen anyway they gotta go through it. And then its "you did tell me". So bah, listen but dgaf.

Back