Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are Older Rappers Doing Better Than Younger Rappers?

Because most of the music that comes out today is fast food music. Kids today aren't even into the artists their just into the song.

Yeah, most artists only seem to be around for a short while these days, so may they prolly do more festivals whilst theyre popping... Whilst older artists have a solid fanbase and deep catalog...

I mean alot of newer artists literally have 1 or 2 songs then dip without even doing an album, it would be the quickest concert of all time lol

Last edited:

overall older rappers aren’t doing better

I think newer rappers that are sponsored by their labels have to pay recoupable expenses, older rappers don't have to worry about recoupable expenses, so if they get $20k-$50k for a show to perform 20 year old songs, they get to keep all the money whereas a newer rapper might get more money for the show, but it's recoupable.

I think newer rappers that are sponsored by their labels have to pay recoupable expenses, older rappers don't have to worry about recoupable expenses, so if they get $20k-$50k for a show to perform 20 year old songs, they get to keep all the money whereas a newer rapper might get more money for the show, but it's recoupable.
A lot of old rappers don’t even own their shit

You only talking about shows, I’m talking about all aspects

Some of the older rapper have gained a following over the years. They might not sell a lot of new material but that following will go out and support the rappers while on tour. Seems like these newer cats get that 2-4 year run and then the younger crowd just about moves on. The younger cats are on top of thier business when it comes to the industry, they've for the most part seem to have learned from the past and not signed horrible deals.

Back