Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are Co-Workers Your Friends?

Allah_U_Akbar

Yeah that was your fault.

You talk too fuckin much, which is a common thread with people getting to comfortable with folks at work.

Fuck them people. They are NOT your friends.

Now, of course everybody you work with ain’t your friend… But….

Is there anybody at your job that you kick it with outside of work?

Anybody you feel comfortable confiding in?

Somebody who you can trust and you know they got your back?

Or do you just keep it professional with everybody and keep your distance?

Hell, I met wifey at my job years ago and we’re still together.

We don’t work together at the same spot anymore, but we’re still a couple.

You got any REAL co-worker friends?

They cool. But I wouldn't say this job is really my friends. They're definitely coworkers.

now the job where they were actually my friends was TSA.... And prolly ADT... Shit was deeper than work. And the one dude from Canon.... We became friends outside of work too. I always say I'm pretty friendly. It's nuffin for me to make friends. I just don't get too friendly with restaurant people, cuz all these niggaz use drugs.

I been working from home since 2015. But even before that, I wouldn't call any of my co-workers my friends. Because I'm not a nigga who uses the word lightly. There was niggas that I would kick it with and whose company I enjoyed. Go out and have some drinks, chill at the crib. I even went to one of them niggas weddings. And I only rocked with niggas who knew that what happened outside of work, stays outside of work.

I still wouldn't consider them FRIENDS though. Never been through no real shit with them. No clue if they'd hold it down if niggas was jumping on me. Etc, etc.

I’m pretty cordial wit’ most people at my job but as far as “friends” I got 1 actual homie who I knew a little from tha streets before but we got close working together tha past 11 years…

Im gang about mine cause working in the nightclub/security industry it's alot of bullshit that comes with it that will pull a group of people working together closer or apart. Just having a mfs respect could save your life.

Definitely have some life long friendships born out of those working relationships. But in general I'm pretty easy, laid back and approachable in the workplace. Everyone starts at 100. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Most people I've worked with in the club industry can't just pass me on the street if they see me.

Some of my best friends are friends I made at work.

But in those cases, they approached me and we chilled at work a bit and became friends. I was also younger then. That was a few jobs ago.

I Personally don't make friends at work. Especially nowadays. I skip all team building activities. Just this week mfers said we going go-karting as a team building event. I told my manager like I cant make it.

Im running out of excuses though. Lmaoooo.

I just want to work and go home mang.

Last edited:
99% are just associates. Ill hang with them at happy hours. I dont get to personal with them. But they cool.

I only made one person a friend. We worked under the same organization but different groups . We got to know each other at a coworker happy hour. She invited me on my first overseas trip . Been friends for over 7years since then. She was over my house not to long ago.

Last edited:
They cool as fuck ..

Under no circumstances should you be chummy with a bitch as upper managment who works to knee cap you. Though ... the manager who i work with has a odd relationship with now the vp.. fuck all that

They cool as fuck ..

Under no circumstances should you be chummy with a bitch as upper managment who works to knee cap you. Though ... the manager who i work with has a odd relationship with now the vp.. fuck all that

When you fully realize it's your job or your manager/gm job to pretty much fuck people over at every turn they can it's heartbreaking, then sobering.

I was working somewhere years ago. My mans was the gm and would always look out so when I got up to management and realized his job essentially depened on cutting my guys at the knees whenever he could and that's what he now wanted me to do alongside him...

Then I had to break it down for my right hand man and the look on his face while the math was mathing was crazy. 🤣

In my group...I mean I'm cool with them. But only one I've "hung out" outside work. And that's b/c she's been to a couple of the get togethers we had.

Other than that...I've learned not to trust mofos at work. Done seen coworkers who claimed to be the bestest of friends turn on each other.

As far as everyone else outside our section, I'm cool wit some of them. They're mostly people my s/o know and friends wit.

If you think about it, you see your coworkers more than your own friends. Assuming you work in a office of some sort. Bonding is not a rare or bad thing to happen.
In alot of work situations you end up spending more of your waking time with coworkers than your family and friends and the longer that goes on the deeper of a pocket you'll keep for those kinds of relationships.

When you fully realize it's your job or your manager/gm job to pretty much fuck people over at every turn they can it's heartbreaking, then sobering.

I was working somewhere years ago. My mans was the gm and would always look out so when I got up to management and realized his job essentially depened on cutting my guys at the knees whenever he could and that's what he now wanted me to do alongside him...

Then I had to break it down for my right hand man and the look on his face while the math was mathing was crazy. 🤣
Yeah couldnt be me shit is grimey and scummy

Yeah couldnt be me shit is grimey and scummy
My mans instantly started looking at me like the opps and the next shift asked for a couple weeks off. He was sick at the shit I was revealing and ended up quitting the industry completely 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've tried to keep as much integrity as I can over the years. Sometimes it's impossible and you just gotta take the bag or move on.

Back