Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are Billionaires Bad For The World?

Plus money only holds the value you place on it.
I think it’s Zimbabwe that has a million dollar bill that may be less than a US $20 bill

Can you explain this more because my first thought was you think there should be a cap to how much someone can make
this is probably a unpopular opinion but yeah there should absolutely be a cap. I don't know what the exact number is but it doesn't seem right that 1 person can afford to fly to space for fun when millions are struggling to feed their kids and keep a roof over their heads

How do you know they not helping in other was?

And in your eyes, when would you stop making money if you have a setup that gets you there and you not even working anymore.
Im not saying they aren't helping ppl with their wealth but I think society would be helped better if there was a more equal wealth distribution.

this is probably a unpopular opinion but yeah there should absolutely be a cap. I don't know what the exact number is but it doesn't seem right that 1 person can afford to fly to space for fun when millions are struggling to feed their kids and keep a roof over their heads

Im not saying they aren't helping ppl with their wealth but I think society would be helped better if there was a more equal wealth distribution.
Ok. Understood. But outside of those who would want the opportunity to be helped…..it’s a lot who don’t want to work to do their part to help.

Plus after a while, helping people gets old in certain ways.

You can't really get to billions without stepping on people. That's not really how our system works. Them giving to the poor doesn't mean shit when their meddling in politics and underhanded tactics for preserving their wealth is behind why a lot of people are poor to begin with.

But what's the difference between a billionaire and a millionaire?

There's stories of people from the business world to music to Hollywood to sports. Who had people said they did them wrong at one point in some form or fashion.

Money is a limited resource. Yes, the Federal Reserve can print more when necessary, but they don't just do that on a daily basis, so it's unreasonable to act like it's some kind of infinite resource. If the system is rigged to allow some companies to monopolize industries and also rigged to allow those companies to shovel almost all earnings up to the top, that's a problem. Like four of the richest people in the country are tied to Walmart. That's a company that puts smaller businesses out of commission on damn near a daily basis and somehow many of their workers need public assistance to survive. How does that work? All the profits from the company go to the top. That's pretty much how every major corporation works, so yes people are snatching the money and keeping it from others.

First, this is a terrible argument. Whether or not the actions of a particular billionaire has affected me personally is irrelevant.

Inflation has impacted me. We know for a fact that a major factor in why inflation is the way it is comes as a result of price gouging. The people behind the grocery stores, restaurants, airline industries, etc... have all been caught doing it, so trace that back to the billionaires in charge of those companies and there you go.

Gas is another example. We've been paying super high prices for a while now while the gas companies have been pulling in record profits. There are a few billionaires behind those companies.

Why don't we have things like Universal Healthcare, free college, universal Pre-K, etc... because rich donors actively oppose those things and buy off politicians. That hurts all of us.

Let's use Walmart again because I hate that company. When I first moved to the DMV, they were planning to open a Walmart. At the time, DC was planning on changing its minimum wage to $15 an hour. Walmart actively opposed that and threatened to not put a store and cancel all the jobs they were supposed to bring. Eventually, DC did raise its minimum wage, but the point stand. These companies do shit like that all the time.

I'm not talking about simple competition. Yes, some companies are better and will inevitably put others out of business. However, there's a difference between that and a company using it's success to game the system so that others can't succeed. That's what a lot of these big corporations do. To use your example, no it's not inherently wrong for me to work hard and get a promotion over someone else. However, it is fucked up for me to work hard, get a promotion, and then use some of that extra money to pay off human resources to make sure that I always come out on top.

Let me give you another example. We were talking about solar panels in another topic. The guy that sold me my panels told me that the technology is basically at a point where they could conceivably build a new neighborhood, put panels on all the houses, have a power station dedicated to that neighborhoood and have everyone pool the overproduced energy in a way that would keep them from every having to be on the grid and ever having to pay an electricity bill. The reason that they can't do that is because lobbyist for utilities and fossil fuels industries have influenced politicians and those politicians have put artificial barriers in the progress of growing the various renewable energy efforts. That kind of thing hurts all of us.
I wasn't talking about physical money but if you create something to sell and people like it but someone does it better whether it's another business or smaller store then that's just life. I support local businesses but if I find a better deal somewhere else than I'll take my money elsewhere

It wasn't an argument. I was literally asking you because of what you posted. I was looking for more specific examples that impacted you alone instead of everyone

I used to live in DMV as well and there's a lot of other alternatives to Walmart. Companies do that all of the time and if the deal falls through or the company walks away then the location should look to bring in a different company

So you're talking about companies that succeed and somehow prevent others from succeeding that would create competition for themselves?

That's already happening. There was a place in Florida that's powered by solar panels that was hit by the hurricane

So you think once you hit some number of income that you should be forced to give it away?

Idk man. Its not that a billionaire is bad on paper.

But lets look at this through a utalitarian lense. The issue is that the world has finite resources. And in our way of living, resources all have a dollar amount.

And now when you have finite resources divided between 9 billion people, and then you get into the situation that so much of those resources go to one person cause they have multiple billions, then you cant help but reach the conclusion that billionaires are bad for the world.

And then you think about how we all live in an interelated ecosystem and billionaires have a crazy high carbon footprint for 1 person compared to the average carbon footprint of one person and yea, billionaires are bad for the world.

And it wouldnt be as bad if they paid their fair share in taxes, but when it turns out they not paying anything close to their fair share, then yea, billionaires are bad for the world.

Im not gonna hate Jay Z now that he has 2.5B or anything. And in theory putting a cap on success sounds wrong. But looking at the damage billionaires do, its like yea billionaires are bad for the world.

bill gates, made a whole thread on the villain nerd

Musk his save the environment cars really destroys the environment while making them.

Bezos kills mom and pop shops, don’t pay taxes, buys low and sells high. Nigga just like a drug dealer.
How did Gates harm you?

Looked it up and Bezos paid .098% in taxes. Wish I could use those loopholes lol

Though I'm sure what he pays in taxes is still more than what the average person pays but I don't feel like getting into that as I'm not happy about my taxes either

So you think once you hit some number of income that you should be forced to give it away?
Remember when covid happened and people were getting arrested for hoarding essential supplies and preventing other people from getting things they need? The justification for prosecuting them was they had more toilet paper and masks etc then they would ever be able to even use and even though they acquired those things legally it still harms the collective society because its robbing them from access to essential items.

I view money the same exact way. People are literally dying from a lack of money, and its not like there isn't enough for everybody...theres just not enough for everybody and billionaires. So if we are limiting a couple thousand people from being billionaires so that the rest of the world can have more then Im all for that.

Remember when covid happened and people were getting arrested for hoarding essential supplies and preventing other people from getting things they need? The justification for prosecuting them was they had more toilet paper and masks etc then they would ever be able to even use and even though they acquired those things legally it still harms the collective society because its robbing them from access to essential items.

I view money the same exact way. People are literally dying from a lack of money, and its not like there isn't enough for everybody...theres just not enough for everybody and billionaires. So if we are limiting a couple thousand people from being billionaires so that the rest of the world can have more then Im all for that.

No

How did BLM

its about reach on society.

Mr. Charles up the street from me being a bad person and Mark Zuck being a bad person is not the same.
Bad is bad tho.
Zuck created something that can be central to bullying and harassment and he won’t feed the homeless or donate ti medical research.
Mr Charles up the street can kill a man and destroy generations because now kids don’t have a dad ti raise them properly and then chances are the won’t raise their own right.

I view money the same exact way. People are literally dying from a lack of money, and it’s not like there isn't enough for everybody...theres just not enough for everybody and billionaires. So if we are limiting a couple thousand people from being billionaires so that the rest of the world can have more then Im all for that.
The only difference between you and a billionaire is an well executed idea.

I recall people hoarding and trying to upsell and getting threatened by the DA but don't recall anyone actually getting arrested, charged, and convicted of hoarding. I searched for it and couldn't find anything

Billionaire is a good person as long as you get rich from good things. I don't respect trickery and dying stuff.

If you donate to the poor, that's even better.

There's no real way to accumulate that amount of money without some form of explotation. With that said I don't think all billionaires are bad people but i do think that there's far too many loopholes used to keep them from paying their fair share in terms of taxes. I also hate that their money allows their personal whims to at times become actual policy and laws. The inherent connection between wealth and how a society is governed will always be a problem. That's why people hate billionaires

Bad is bad tho.
Zuck created something that can be central to bullying and harassment and he won’t feed the homeless or donate ti medical research.
Mr Charles up the street can kill a man and destroy generations because now kids don’t have a dad ti raise them properly and then chances are the won’t raise their own right.
There was bullying and harassment with AOL/Yahoo chatrooms, myspace, and pretty much every form of communication. Message boards have existed for half a century

How did Gates harm you?

Looked it up and Bezos paid .098% in taxes. Wish I could use those loopholes lol

Though I'm sure what he pays in taxes is still more than what the average person pays but I don't feel like getting into that as I'm not happy about my taxes either
You can take advantage of loopholes now and less well off people use loopholes fir taxes too….niggas borrowing kids and gettin 10-15k back in taxes.

The rich and wealth dint lay much taxes cuz they don’t own things, they control them.

Bill gates hurt me buy charging monthly for windows 365😞.
But nah…..dude is dirty. Like real dirty. Like lab grown meat with cargill…yet buying up huge portions of farm land. Cmon bruh.

You can take advantage of loopholes now and less well off people use loopholes fir taxes too….niggas borrowing kids and gettin 10-15k back in taxes.

The rich and wealth dint lay much taxes cuz they don’t own things, they control them.

Bill gates hurt me buy charging monthly for windows 365😞.
But nah…..dude is dirty. Like real dirty. Like lab grown meat with car hill…yet buying up huge portions of farm land. Cmon bruh.
Everyone games the system

Back