Welcome To aBlackWeb

anbody in here have issues with dandruff?

Yup. I saw my scalp got red areas on it too. Got me a appointment Thursday to try and cure this madness. I get it bad in my beard too.

Tried all the fancy shampoos I'm aware of, tea tree oil, coconut oil, everything. Will fix it for like a day then back on its bullshit the day after

Got dermatitis on my scalp and eyebrows. Had it ever since I was a baby and it's the reason I have to wash my hair every other day with clinical strength head and shoulders, then throw some royal crown on my scalp.

Been reading up on coal tar shampoos and shit. Might switch 'cause that's supposed to cure it.

Try turning down the water temperature when you shower. You might be burning essential oils out of your hair and scalp if the showers you take are too hot.

Switch shampoos to something that don’t dry you out
Exactly. Head and Shoulders used to fuck me up. I was using it for the longest time as a teen, then a friend pointed out it wasn’t formulated for Black hair.

I put it down and picked up some Jamaican black castor oil and I haven’t looked back since. It’s been over 20 years since I had dandruff issues.

Yeah. The best shampoo I used was something called "Nizoral". Worked like a charm to fight that dandruff too.

When I was in elementary school a white teacher told us that black people don’t get lice because our hair texture creates some kind of issue for them, I forget the details

I mean... I've never known a Black kid to have lice, but I've known plenty of white kids that did.

shrug.jpg

Back