Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll American Gangster: Classic or Nah?

Classic or Nah?

• Total voters

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
10 years ago today Jay-z's American Gangster dropped.

DN9EdvEX4AAe2tU.jpg

1. Intro
  2. Pray (featuring Beyoncé)
  3. American Dreamin'
  4. Hello Brooklyn 2.0 (featuring Lil Wayne)
  5. No Hook
  6. Roc Boys (And the Winner Is...)
  7. Sweet
  8. I Know
  9. Party Life
  10. Ignorant Shit (featuring Beanie Sigel)
  11. Say Hello
  12. Success (featuring Juan and Nas)
  13. Fallin' (featuring Bilal)
Bonus Tracks

1. Blue Magic (featuring Pharrell)
  2. American Gangster

i think if you on the fence about it being a classic, i might have to do with the fact that he tried to make it the soundtrack for AG, but when the studio said "we cool", he made it a concept album. While i get it, i think he should've just released it like another solo album with no backstory of his intentions

anyway, dope production, dope lyrics and flow...no weak songs on the album

to me, it fits the criteria of a classic

So that raises the question, how many classic albums does Jay-z have?

ofc you wouldnt call RD a classic b/c ofc lol

anyway

RD
Blueprint 1
Black Album
AG
4:44

Jay Z told you it was a classic and you followed right along. Nobody was saying that shit beforehand

Jay Z told you it was a classic and you followed right along. Nobody was saying that shit beforehand

LMAO

man cut the shit

its revered by damn near everyone in hip hop from other artists to fans, yet, you the only person who go against the grain and says its not a classic

I fuck with the Black Album heavy, but I wouldn't call it a classic.

dope production

dope lyrics

dope flow

no skippables (i already know people dont like change clothes, but that song took niggas from throwbacks to button ups overnight...you cant deny its impact)

classic album brah

LMAO

man cut the shit

its revered by damn near everyone in hip hop from other artists to fans, yet, you the only person who go against the grain and says its not a classic

Cause I think for myself unlike you. I don't give a shit how many people you name that say otherwise. You just proving you a sheep.

Cause I think for myself unlike you. I don't give a shit how many people you name that say otherwise. You just proving you a sheep.
so you just gon wear out the word sheep today huh? lol

you just gon say anything at this point to be different

i listened to the album for myself and compare it to his other bodies of work which is how i deemed it a classic album

but yea...everybody liking the same thing makes them sheep...

this guy lol

Back