Welcome To aBlackWeb

AMC - Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire (Season 2)

Okay. I just saw a mention of Louis and Armand doing some messed up things to Claudia and I stopped reading. Even though ik she dies, I don’t remember Louis ever being cruel to Claudia in the movie so that seemed like a foreshadowing of the show.
We haven't been good about the movie comparison though lol

I want to engage here, but it seems like it may be too many spoilers because I haven’t read any of these books. Armand being evil is off putting to me bc idk him. I’ve seen the movie, but I don’t remember him being too wild.

Anyway, during the interview, did they really try to mind doubleteam and gang up on Danny bc he hurt Louis’ lil feelings joking around about Lestat? Boyyyyy lmao. That was so sassy to me 😂. Man, Louis is starting to become a bit cringey. Still crying over that abusive “French whyyyt” decades later. Nigga, please.
I'm so sorry, I'm trying so hard not to spoil shit...

But you're spot on. Louis has been and always will be completely full of shit

Okay. I just saw a mention of Louis and Armand doing some messed up things to Claudia and I stopped reading. Even though ik she dies, I don’t remember Louis ever being cruel to Claudia in the movie so that seemed like a foreshadowing of the show.
Sorry... Armand is a piece of shit..
But a lot of it has yet to come to pass, and there may be changes, so I have no idea what's really in store...I just know that the character himself is very irredeemable. Even when you know his story, there's no excuse for how cruel he is to everybody.

Like the way he treated Daniel this episode... You are completely spot on. It's not good at all for someone that powerful to play with someone that bad simply because they're smarter than you want them to be.

Daniel is doing a great job at calling them both out on their shit. And he's low key disrespectful to the novels and the entire lore surrounding this. Many readers are upset because Anne's vampires don't "have sex" but Daniel sees through that.

Multiple times they have describes drinking a person's blood as more intimate of an experience any human has ever had. And the freely and loosely do it with other vamps. Regardless of how the wanna sensationalize or romanticize it... Daniel is calling it what it really is.... Fucking. Just at a higher level

He's so past trying to entertain the romantics.... He sees them both for what they really are... And even though Louis is trying to tell this beautiful story, Daniel sees it for how ugly it really is.... And this dynamic imo is amazingly played it by all the actors involved.

A lotta book purists are in their feelings... But I love the show

I'm so sorry, I'm trying so hard not to spoil shit...

But you're spot on. Louis has been and always will be completely full of shit
I can tell you really, really are admirable of the writing and want to share with us and answer questions to our confusion 💜.

I actually started watching this by mistake one Friday night a few weeks ago; I’m a whole year or so late. But yah, I saw the title on the guide and said, iight, let’s go. It was on e7 at the part when Lou and Les were dancing in the white wigs and suits, and then they started kissing, kissing. I said, mannnn these niggas gay??? I was utterly confused so I bol. I had my nose turned up, but kept watching. I’m glad I did bc… I love it 😂.

Yeah, the didn't shy away from any of the gay. And even though the novels weren't the open with it either... It's always been heavily implied.. And unlike a lotta other shows where they force gay shit in there.... This show leans into it and owns it, and it makes for a much better narrative. The interactions they have with other humans just wouldn't make sense if they didn't address that elephant in the room.

The way Antoinette spoke of the rumors about them in the first season.

The subtle outrage people had for them living together.

That dance in the finale was CRAZY.... Cuz even though we know they vampires.... Two men taking the ballroom floor like they.... Mixed couple at that.... So much shit they do on this show carries so much more weight simply because they are embracing the characters as gay lovers in a way that the book only suggests. Shit is done very well.

Sorry... Armand is a piece of shit..
But a lot of it has yet to come to pass, and there may be changes, so I have no idea what's really in store...I just know that the character himself is very irredeemable. Even when you know his story, there's no excuse for how cruel he is to everybody.

Like the way he treated Daniel this episode... You are completely spot on. It's not good at all for someone that powerful to play with someone that bad simply because they're smarter than you want them to be.

Daniel is doing a great job at calling them both out on their shit. And he's low key disrespectful to the novels and the entire lore surrounding this. Many readers are upset because Anne's vampires don't "have sex" but Daniel sees through that.

Multiple times they have describes drinking a person's blood as more intimate of an experience any human has ever had. And the freely and loosely do it with other vamps. Regardless of how the wanna sensationalize or romanticize it... Daniel is calling it what it really is.... Fucking. Just at a higher level

He's so past trying to entertain the romantics.... He sees them both for what they really are... And even though Louis is trying to tell this beautiful story, Daniel sees it for how ugly it really is.... And this dynamic imo is amazingly played it by all the actors involved.

A lotta book purists are in their feelings... But I love the show
I was picking up on how Danny had been suspicious of Armand before even dreaming of him or finding out who he was. And I be laughing everytime Armand tries to chime in when Danny is speaking to Louis and he be like, sdfu Armand. And continues to talk to Louis 🤣. Ik he hates it and probably wants cut the shit outta Danny’s sickly ass with his pinky finger nail 💅🏾. Armand be lookin like, no df you didn’t you shakey hand ass mothaf…

Last edited:
Funny enough I came in this thread to talk about something else...

Well two characters who haven't been revealed yet.. One of their names was mentioned, and the other was referred to....

I really wanna see how the show addresses, casts , and treats these two characters when they join the show.. Both are immensely powerful and will flip everything upside down the second they arrive.

Especially one of them. Her arrival will be like when Thanos showed up in the MCU. And I hope they milk it as long as possible to gain more viewers, build a bigger budget, and put like a whole summer of advertising and marketing into her arrival.

I can't stress enough how iconic of a character you have to be for people to still cosplay as you 20 years later and it's widely considered a sub par movie.... Like even though I love the movie.. Most people hated Queen of the Damned. It definitely butchered and mashed up two amazing novels.

But Aaliyah did her thing. I can't wait to see what the do on this show in regards to the Queen 🥰

I was picking up on how Danny had been suspicious of Armand before even dreaming of him or finding out who he was. And I be laughing everytime Armand tries to chime in when Danny is speaking to Louis and he be like, sdfu Armand. And continues to talk to Louis 🤣. Ik he hates it and probably wants cut the shit outta Danny’s sickly ass with his pinky finger nail 💅🏾. Armand be lookin like, no df you didn’t you shakey hand ass mothaf…
Unworthy in San Francisco, unworthy in Dubai...

Disregard

There's a lotta book purists who hate the show. And I just don't get it... If you want the book frame by frame.... Read the book.

This is an adaptation... Every show runner, director, screen play writer has their own vision. The story will not be told the same way by ever person.. They really need to take their heads outta their asses

5 year old Claudia wouldn't work in 2024, they didn't have a 5 year old in the movie. People just complaining for no reason.
#1 a 5 year old... No matter how talented could not strongly portray a 30-40 year old woman trapped in a little body

#2 there's too long of breaks between seasons ..a kid that young will age up dramatically between seasons... Look at the stranger things kids and they were middle school age.

#3 NOBODY really wants to see a little ass girl do this shit. The TV show even took out most of the additional affectionate shit they did with Claudia.

The movie caught a lotta negative press for having Brad Pitt kiss her and sleep in his coffin....

They used to brush her hair. Dress her, bathe her, she used to throw fits and strip herself naked.. Claudia is a very very fucked up character. This show really improved her in a way that imo gives her way more levels than just the little imp monster she was in the novel. I like this Claudia

Lol I know someone that's read all of the books and won't watch the show

Kirsten Dunst was 11 when she did the movie. I thought she did a great job

I liked the first casting of Claudia better than season 2 but it's only 2 episodes. Her accent, mood, etc. just seemed better in season 1

I like this Claudia a lot. But Santiago stole episode 2 by a mile
Claudia face in the theater was amazing, but that scene was all Santiago

They couldn't have made that scene better.

I do like that this Claudia is more mature now. She really is leading Louis around

Ok, I'm high n shit...

But imagine Lestat really had a podcast in this climate.... He would be diabolical

He'd have up a Twitter post for his podcast tonight saying...

"Good evening to all my dwellers of the Savage Garden. It seems in the past week or so... Our good friend Diddy has had some horrible truths revealed about him. And unfortunately for him, it cant stop.... Won't stop..... Tune in tonight, with me, your Vampire Lestat ...at midnight as always.. To not only hear where Diddy is hiding.... But to hear why that information will motivate many to go out and seek him 😈

I will reveal nothing until I have 1 million live viewers... Ttfn

Ta ta..... For now 🥰"

Back