Welcome To aBlackWeb

Amazon Cashier-Less Store Opens

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
Amazon Go cashierless convenience store opening to the public
After a nearly 14-month trial run open only to the Seattle company’s employees, Monday marks the public debut of the store — among Amazon’s boldest efforts to reshape brick-and-mortar shopping.

Seattle Times business reporter
Amazon Go is a go for the masses.

The retailer’s cashierless convenience store will open its doors to the public Monday, a debut that follows a nearly 14-month trial run open only to the Seattle company’s employees.

The store requires customers to scan their smartphone on the way in, tracks them with cameras and other sensors as they browse, and, when they take an item off the shelf, adds it to a virtual cart. Groceries are charged to the customer’s Amazon account when they leave with their goods.

Wal-Mart is already pretty much cashierless. You might find one cashier among 30 registers.

That shit pisses me off.

I was scannin my cart full of groceries myself and had a walmart employee staring at me 3ft away the whole time makin sure i wasnt stealing.

Like im doin their job while they just standin there pissin me off

RbgYhzI.gif

So it charges you’re acct soon as you walk out the store with the items. What if you don’t have any money in you’re acct?

Wal-Mart is going to follow this

They were showing on the news this morning that Walmart is already testing devices you carry w you in store, scan as you go and it pays for your items while you shop and you’re done and walk out.

They were showing on the news this morning that Walmart is already testing devices you carry w you in store, scan as you go and it pays for your items while you shop and you’re done and walk out.

It's already in place at Sams Club

Wal-Mart is going to follow this
Quote me on this.

It will be a very very long time before Wal-Mart does away with cashiers.

It's an interesting idea but you have to consider the irony of the fact that Amazon's threat to physical retail was virtual retail, and now it's trying to get into physical retail. It's like how we went from huge bulky phones to tiny flip phones only to gradually make phones with bigger and bigger screens.

The most important thing you can never underestimate is human stupidity and trifle. The majority of us will never understand how to use a store like the one mentioned in the OP and enough of us will find a way to steal and exploit loopholes in the system.

I know we can't wait for robots to takeover, but this won't be the precedent.

Back