Welcome To aBlackWeb

Alabama pigs gloat over "quilt" made from cardboard signs confiscated from homeless people over Christmas

Alabama police officers pose with 'homeless quilt' made from panhandling signs

Mobile Police Chief Lawrence Battiste apologized for the image, calling it an "insensitive gesture."

The Mobile Police Department in Alabama apologized after two of its officers were seen in a Facebook post posing for a photo next to a "homeless quilt" made from cardboard panhandling signs.

The photo was captioned: "Wanna wish everybody in 4th precinct a Merry Christmas, especially our captain. Hope you enjoy our homeless quilt! Sincerely, Panhandler patrol."

In the image, the two officers are holding up cardboard boxes taped together with messages scrawled on them. "Trying To Make It Anything Helps God Bless You," one message reads. Another says: "Hungry and Homeless."

It appears that the photo originally was posted on the Facebook page of one of the officers and then reposted by other Facebook users.

Police Chief Lawrence Battiste apologized, calling the photo an "insensitive gesture."

"Although we do not condone panhandling and must enforce the city ordinances that limit panhandling, it is never our intent or desire as a police department to make light of those who find themselves in a homeless state," Battiste said in a Facebook post on Monday. "Rather, our position has always been to partner with community service providers to help those faced with homelessness with hope to improve their quality of life."

A police spokesperson for the said the two officers in the photo were recent graduates of the police academy.

This is horrible,but IDK how it is everywhere,but the homeless ppl in ATL be all at every highway exit and on the side of Hwy on curves where HWY traffic gets stuck.

Nothing worse than being in the whip playing Drake's God Plan singing up a storm when a some homeless person is suddenly at your window with a sign fucking up your vibe.

Now I'm stuck at this light or on the Hwy and gotta tell you I ain't got it and look at you for another 30-60 seconds or 1-10 mins depending on the situation.

I give when I got some extra cash,but shiiiit I'm tryna grind so I don't be on the side of the Hwy my damn self.

This is horrible,but IDK how it is everywhere,but the homeless ppl in ATL be all at every highway exit and on the side of Hwy on curves where HWY traffic gets stuck.

Nothing worse than being in the whip playing Drake's God Plan singing up a storm when a some homeless person is suddenly at your window with a sign fucking up your vibe.

Now I'm stuck at this light or on the Hwy and gotta tell you I ain't got it and look at you for another 30-60 seconds or 1-10 mins depending on the situation.

I give when I got some extra cash,but shiiiit I'm tryna grind so I don't be on the side of the Hwy my damn self.

You know what's probably worse than that? Being the homeless person.

You know what's probably worse than that? Being the homeless person.

I'm sure it is ,but that shit is a record skip every time.

I drive in the city a lot.

I feel for some of them, but I don't want to feel guilty about enjoying my music in my car.

And sometimes they be blocking traffic all in the middle of cars at the exit.

Surprised they don't get hit.

Last edited:

Bruh go to LA. They literally have whole tent towns right off the interstate. That shit is crazy.

Bruh go to LA. They literally have whole tent towns right off the interstate. That shit is crazy.
Yeah I been there and it's crazy and they got those little tent towns off the hwy too in ATL.

They also set up under bridges or tunnels on the regular streets.

It's whole streets like Edgewood or Auburn,lined with homeless ppl sleeping on the ground.

what's also wild is that those homeless ppl who have little communities set up off regular streets actually keep those streets clean.

They sweep up the area and have some form of community.

Some of those street tent towns be looking oddly organized and clean.

We got crazy homeless here too. You'd think people would be able to quickly connect it with government policy since its a way bigger issue now than even a few years ago but...nope

Back