Welcome To aBlackWeb

After the Bell: Undertakers Streak

Who should’ve been THE ONE to beat Takers streak?

• Brock

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Roman

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VIBE

Welcome to the New Era
After the bell is a discussion about the match after we have had time to sit on the outcome. Figured we could use a cliche but cool thread series in here..

So concerning Undertaker and his streak, should Brock have been the one?

Should Roman have been the one?

Should the streak been the main event?

Here’s Edges quick thoughts on the first two questions:

Edge makes a good point, he didn’t NEED it. Neither did Brock. Without the streak defeat, he’s still where he is. Although it made for a great storyline/merch sales.

Roman doing it afterwards was terrible. He should’ve been THE ONE rather than Brock but after Brock did it, it should’ve never have happened again.

Def Roman over Brock for the choice, esp seeing where they’re both at right now.

After reading comments, I totally think the streak should’ve been the ME. Taker had 25+ years in the business and THE must see streak at WM. Having his streaks close out the show, or even just the one where he lost, would’ve been a better send off than what they had at the time.

Whose impact would’ve been greater Brock’s or Romans win?

I read up on their reasoning for Brock cause it made him the mountain for all yo conquer. He had a mystique after the fact that he still carries to this day but it should have been Roman. And that coulda been the moment he went heel.

There's a reason why people didn't think Brock would win. He needed it after Triple H won their feud (smh).

Had Roman not got hurt and fucked up his own momentum he would have beaten Brock the next year and all the heat would've gone to him. As it were Brock ate off that win forever, I don't see how anyone else could have maximized it more than Brock becoming the final boss of the whole company.

Whats done is done. I stopped complaining about it in my head. Brock was believable to beat Taker and at his age could carry the special attraction match for Manias to come if you look at it that way.

Either way it should of been Roman tho if they could of but was he ready then? Probabaly not. Takers matches have been horrible since the Triple H match so maybe he should of just retired with it.

Whats done is done. I stopped complaining about it in my head. Brock was believable to beat Taker and at his age could carry the special attraction match for Manias to come if you look at it that way.

Either way it should of been Roman tho if they could of but was he ready then? Probabaly not. Takers matches have been horrible since the Triple H match so maybe he should of just retired with it.
I really don't think Roman should've done it. Not if you wanted him to be a face, which they did at that point. Same reason Cena never went for it, beating the streak is a pure heel move.

I really don't think Roman should've done it. Not if you wanted him to be a face, which they did at that point. Same reason Cena never went for it, beating the streak is a pure heel move.

Roman was heavily hated at that point..he couldn’t even speak on the mic without being drowned out. They could’ve ran w him being heel and saying he’s gonna stick it to them that he would beat Taker and his defeat would be on their hands..turning it around that the crowd really did this and not him. Would’ve been pure heat on MNR.

But they should’ve never had it happened after Brock did it. Brock should’ve been the only one simply bc he ended it first,

Yeah true that's why I think Brock was probabaly the best choice since nobody else was ready for that on that current roster at the time or Taker should of just retired after the Hunter match.

Edge winning it would of been terrible regardless so im glad he didnt let that mid outcome happen.

Roman was heavily hated at that point..he couldn’t even speak on the mic without being drowned out. They could’ve ran w him being heel and saying he’s gonna stick it to them that he would beat Taker and his defeat would be on their hands..turning it around that the crowd really did this and not him. Would’ve been pure heat on MNR.

But they should’ve never had it happened after Brock did it. Brock should’ve been the only one simply bc he ended it first,
He couldn't speak the night after he beat Taker. So he still was able to get heat from it. He wasn't ready at 30 and considering what happens to Taker during that match and after, I think it was proven to be the right time for him to lose.

I mean they wanted Roman on top as a face at that point. They could have turned him heel and obviously they should have. But if that would rob us of a future with the tribal chief then no buys for me.

I’m fine with Brock ending the streak. The match that Roman and Taker had at mania 33 was mostly awful. Being there live, had that same match happened and the streak was in tact and Roman still won, that reaction would have been so negative. Roman was hated that much in 2017 so Brock ending the streak ended up working out for the most part

Back