Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABWWF 2023 Year in Review

Iceberg_Taylor

THE FINAL BOSS
Alot of us watched alot of wrestling this year so I figured to see how the year went for everyone else

Male Wrestler of the Year: GUTHER
(Honorable Mentions: Swerve, Seth Rollins & Will Ospreay)

Female Wrestler of the Year: Becky Lynch
(Honorable Mentions: Rhea Ripley, Athena, Mercedes Mone)

Tag Team of the Year: N/A is it FTR? KO / Sami? I feel like year there wasnt one team that cooked from the start to the end. You can argue both FTR & KO / Sami had strange ends to their runs that kinda cooled down their year

Match of the Year: Hangman / Swerve Deathmatch
(Honorable Mentions: Ospreay / Omega WK17, Usos / KO & Sami WM39, Gunther / Chad Gable 3 MNR)

Storyline of the Year: This one was hard cause there wasnt one particular storyline that went year around and stayed consistent. But ima go with The Bloodline....it fell off a cliff once Jimmy turned on Jey but I'll take that over the MJF / Adam Cole storyline which is another one thats lasted longer than it should. All the other interesting storylines either didnt last long enough (Swerve / Hangman) or started too late (Seth / Punk)

Next Up: 1A Swerve / 1B Ilja Dragonuv
(Honorable Mentions: Carmelo Hayes , Bron Breaker, Tiffany Straton)

Most Improved: Dirty Dom
(Honorable Mentions: Wes Lee, Orange Cassidy, Julia Hart)

Best Title Reign: GUNTHER (IC TITLE)
[Honorable Mentions: Orange Cassidy(International Title) , Wes Lee (North American Title) ]

PPV / PLE of the year: WM39 (Night 1)
(Honorable Mentions: WrestleDream, Forbidden Door, Backlash)

Last edited:
Male Wrestler of the year is Cody Rhodes, he took that Mania loss to heart and been turnt up ever since. And still over as the fuck.

Female is Rhea, who the fuck comes close to a chick who is leading a male group that has Balor as a member. It aint her match quality its her presence on the show.

Match of the year is a tie between Omega/Ospreay and Strickland/Hangman and anything else is NOT even remotely close.

Storyline of the year is probably MJF and Adam Cole, this year has been the weakest Bloodline year and honestly im kind of cold on it so i hope it wraps at Mania.

Next Up is Ospreay followed by Strickland. 2 of the best talents this on the rise. Ospreay wipl probably go down as the current BEST IN THE WORLD for the next years to come.

Most Improved: Jey Uso

Best Title Reign: FTR, as i call it their legacy run. Put on 5 stars all day in every promotion and won all the gold. Nothing comes close to mind beside Gunther but i gice FTR the spot because they was rocking around the world at the highest level.

Best PPV this year was Forbidden Door

as far as match of the year goes that i seen i have 2 in mind.... Omega vs. Vikingo at Dynamite & F.T.R. vs B.C.G. 2outta 3 falls tag title match on Collision.

Male Wrestler of year Gunther
Female Wrestler of Year Rhea
Next Up Zoey Stark & Swerve
Most Improved Orange Cassidy
Best Title reign Gunther
Storyline of the year MJF & Cole
Most improved Wes Lee
Best PPV of year WM39

Definitely agree with Gunther and Becky. Those both put on bangers all year... and Becky did it while elevating NXT talent with her title run. I'll come back for the rest.

Back