Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Battle Of The Beats: Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See vs 1st Of Tha Month

ABW Battle Of The Beats: Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See vs 1st Of Tha Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5th Letter

Mod Squad
Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See beat Bout It Bout It last week. This week a new challenger has emerged.

Put Your Hands Where My Eye Could See

vs

1st Of Tha Month

still cant see how this busta beat has been going so long

he rode it but that shit just seems empty and kinda choppy by itself....his flow is the only fit

i think the whoo-haa beat was better than this

anyway bone got this.....nice baseline, piano, slow groove and rides on its own......you can hear different styles over it

I didnt know that shit beat bout it either lol

you should probably play instrumentals mane

im pretty sure people voted against im bout it simply for not liking P

which is ok, its just not about the beat at that point

still cant see how this busta beat has been going so long

he rode it but that shit just seems empty and kinda choppy by itself....his flow is the only fit

i think the whoo-haa beat was better than this

anyway bone got this.....nice baseline, piano, slow groove and rides on its own......you can hear different styles over it

Here's a Doo Wop tape from 1998. He uses the Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See beat. First he freestyles over it and them Busta comes in with a freestyle.

It comes in @ 2:05
s-l300.jpg

There were two tapes, Wopduizm and Wopduizm2

Here's another tape called Face Off by Doo Wop and Funkmaster Flex. They use the Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See beat for the intro

BAOvm3T.gif

my bad, yo......O killed that

its still buddy to me but I know the east vibe is faster with a party feel.....hearing the other shit I can see it was regarded rather high up that way

I like the instrumentals only suggestion

Let the beat stand on its own...

With that being said

Both are fire...

But I gotta go with busta

So this is based off off beats? These two songs seem very different, they create two different atmospheres. I wouldn't willingly listen to either in the same playlist. And from an artist perspective, as they give different vibes, one might use them different ways to deliver the message.

Uneek's production was flawless here. Anita Baker bass pattern flipped with very creative strings and synth arrangements. Dude was one of the few producers that took effort to add different structures to rap songs back then. And E99Eternal is filled with the best snares I've ever heard on a rap album. I am bias when comes to a lot of Bone songs however.

Dangerous is funky as fuck, but after 4 bars you've heard the entire song damn near. Had they at least used more variations in the composition sooner it would have more going for it. But as I said before, some songs structures resonate better with certain deliveries. Keeping it simple might have been the best choice for Dangerous. You don't want to run the chance of over producing.

Back