Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Album Review Board (J Cole - KOD)

I still think Pusha has the AOTY still...

KOD I liked just about three songs... I thought it was aight .. It came and went

Cole hasn't yet made an album that will take over the world

KOD one of my top 3 albums

From wild out of nowhere release, to the content, to the visuals, to lyrics, I thought Cole did his thing. Easily a 4.5 album. Only drawback is he needs other producers. He only hears himself at this point and need a new set of ears in the room. Outside of that......it was dope

KOD one of my top 3 albums

From wild out of nowhere release, to the content, to the visuals, to lyrics, I thought Cole did his thing. Easily a 4.5 album. Only drawback is he needs other producers. He only hears himself at this point and need a new set of ears in the room. Outside of that......it was dope
This

KOD was a cohesive project. Cole had themes he wanted to hit on and I felt he was effective in expressing his thoughts on those themes on this project. The production was good, not great. Don't think anyone would rate Cole's production skills as great

KOD on par w/ FHD.

Photograph corniest record of the year. Kept me from giving out a 5.

This mainstream rap album of year so far.

The theme of “transition” in 4YEO was beautifully written through the eyes of various perspectives that I found pure. Adulthood to parenthood, life to death...it’s all about growth with a undertone of forgiveness. The whole album have a dark/somber overlay but the last verse on the title track is the climax, Cole redeeming his friend in the eyes of his daughter .....transitioning from guilt to peace by fulfilling his wishes. It’s the middle years, late 20’s early 30’s when we all go through a phase of transition grasping for whatever forgiveness our higher power allows that will soothe over the sins of our youth.

Back