Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Album Review Board (Eminem - Kamikaze)

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
Up Next:
220px-Eminem_-_Kamikaze.jpg

Ended up keeping 5 songs outta 11. Hooks were terrible on some songs, I hated the songs with Jessie Reyez. Fucked with "The Ringer", "Lucky You" and "Not Alike". I appreciate that he didn't use corny accents on this and he was definitely spitting on some of these tracks. With that said, I give it a 2.5 cause I disliked more songs than I liked.

4 mics

He did everything ppl asked him to do

Lose the accent, stop screaming and rap over dope beats

Also I hate when people say Eminem is the best white rapper ever. I automatically know they only listen to mainstream rap should not be taken seriously.

Last edited:
I give it a 4. Nearly gave it a 3.5. Some tracks I love but there are a couple I skip. All down to personal preference. Some of the hooks like Nice Guy and Kamikaze are not sonically appealing to me.

If he drops Kamikaze 2 once Budden and anyone else responds I think it may be even better.

Better than Revival that’s for sure. I’ll go into more detail later tonight after I listen to it again.

I gave it a 3.5, I like the rapping and most the content. He kind of touched on everything I've ever seen him criticized for in recent yearw, even d12. Called out rappers and caused a bunch of controversy just like he used to.

The downfall is some of the beats and hooks. I hate the singing hooks and some of the beats, part of what made eminem so great in the past besides his raps was the dark, sometimes grimy, eerie beats. Set the tone perfectly. I'd love to see what kamikazes eminem could cook up with the bass brothers today. That was all a long time ago though and everyone has changed.

I think part of why I like it so much is its em just rapping. Great cadence and good content. Not just rhyming a ton of multis, but actually making verses that have some sort of message. No accents, not a lot of angry scream raps.

Cant say the album will have a ton of replay value, but its definitely the first em project I've enjoyed in a long long time.

Back