Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bloody Fun

PRAISE : The Writers of Abigail: Stephen Shields and Guy Busick must be huge fans of the film The Usual Suspects because the vibe of that movie definitely wraps itself around so much of this one. The story about a group of kidnappers who take a young ballerina hostage but get far far more than they bargained for is a fun blood soaked ride. I liked how the characters were set up and fleshed out as the movie moves forward. The late Angus Cloud as Dean was amusing to watch as he makes assumptions with antics some so funny I laughed out loud a few times. Then you have leader Frank (Dan Stevens), medical expert Joey (Melissa Barrera), computer whiz Sammy (Kathryn Newton), ex-military operative Rickles (William Catlett), dense-but-strong Peter (Kevin Durand).As Abigail Alisha Weir's performance comes to life in the second half as more is revealed about her character and she lets loose on the kidnappers. The cast seems to be having a good time as some familiar horror tropes play out but I thought they were really well used in certain frightening and gory scenes. I liked that they took something from legendary horror and made it their own.I enjoyed how the infused child neglect and abandonment around the edges of the movie. The music is also well placed in certain scenes. This is horror with a big sense of humor and I thought the blend really worked in a good portion of the scenes.

PROBLEMS: I thought the who will survive the carnage was to spelled out. I was definitely hoping for more originality when it came to the climax. Aside from one surprise I sat there saying we'll I mainly know how this is going to go because so much was said about a characters familial connection I knew exactly how it was going to end.

RIP ANGUS CLOUD

Scale of 1 to 10 an 8

Back