Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Janet Jackson Thread

Great

Thanks

So I recently changed from Cox to att to provide a little more stability and get a better bang for my buck

With Cox, I believe they were using coaxial and ATT uses fiber optic. This matters because I had a buddy of mine run some I think cat 5 from my attic to my game room so that I can be hardwired for my gaming. I ended up buying a Wi-Fi thing to connect to the att unit but yesterday was the first time I lost connection several times while playing online. Got kicked out of several matches due to poor connection.

My question is, can I essentially hard wire my fiber optic and run it down a wall so that I'm not losing connection during gaming? I can't even find in the attic where they put the shit and I know something up there cause the tech was in the attic for a min
The first step is to find out why you are dropping. You could do all of that work and end up doing all that work for nothing.

The thing about internet service is that all problems give off the same symptoms. Poor latency (slow service) that can make it seem like dropping. But really what it is is timing out.

The first thing you want to do is when you experience this while gaming. Check your connectivity to your network on another device. So look on your phone and see how strongly you are connected and run a speed test at speed test.net

If you can run a speed test regardless of the speed, meaning that it completes an upload and download test. That means that your WiFi connection isn’t wants dropping.

It’s your WiFi’s connectivity to network services. It could be the jumper between the two devices. It could also be poor latency because you don’t have the bandwidth for the amount of devices you have attached to the network.

So before you look at the network services (your provider) and don’t assume that because it’s fiber that it’s free from issue. What speed are you paying for and how many devices are you using on your WiFi?

The first step is to find out why you are dropping. You could do all of that work and end up doing all that work for nothing.

The thing about internet service is that all problems give off the same symptoms. Poor latency (slow service) that can make it seem like dropping. But really what it is is timing out.

The first thing you want to do is when you experience this while gaming. Check your connectivity to your network on another device. So look on your phone and see how strongly you are connected and run a speed test at speed test.net

If you can run a speed test regardless of the speed, meaning that it completes an upload and download test. That means that your WiFi connection isn’t wants dropping.

It’s your WiFi’s connectivity to network services. It could be the jumper between the two devices. It could also be poor latency because you don’t have the bandwidth for the amount of devices you have attached to the network.

So before you look at the network services (your provider) and don’t assume that because it’s fiber that it’s free from issue. What speed are you paying for and how many devices are you using on your WiFi?
This is awesome

I'm otw home. I'll respond to this when I get there and tried the things you've suggested

I need to make sure my connection strong when hiding in a corner shooting

@Knock_Twice
@Banginscrew901
@TonyDubbz
@Playmaker88

In COD next month. I would've named beta and Freeman but beta dont like playing with niggas and Freeman like that DMZ shit or whatever it is
Aye I told you I wasn't getting that Diddy game catch me on the next battlefield ya heard!!

good information here . I was gonna ask if he has a dual band router

I need to make sure my connection strong when hiding in a corner shooting

@Knock_Twice
@Banginscrew901
@TonyDubbz
@Playmaker88

In COD next month. I would've named beta and Freeman but beta dont like playing with niggas and Freeman like that DMZ shit or whatever it is

I'll be there bro

u can't depend on Mac tho word is he was getting violated in the beta and crouched down in the corner till his match was over. Rumor has it he rushed to cut the game off n vowed to never play it again all off of 1 game.

Sad

Back