Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Janet Jackson Thread

Sure what’s up?
Great

Thanks

So I recently changed from Cox to att to provide a little more stability and get a better bang for my buck

With Cox, I believe they were using coaxial and ATT uses fiber optic. This matters because I had a buddy of mine run some I think cat 5 from my attic to my game room so that I can be hardwired for my gaming. I ended up buying a Wi-Fi thing to connect to the att unit but yesterday was the first time I lost connection several times while playing online. Got kicked out of several matches due to poor connection.

My question is, can I essentially hard wire my fiber optic and run it down a wall so that I'm not losing connection during gaming? I can't even find in the attic where they put the shit and I know something up there cause the tech was in the attic for a min

Great

Thanks

So I recently changed from Cox to att to provide a little more stability and get a better bang for my buck

With Cox, I believe they were using coaxial and ATT uses fiber optic. This matters because I had a buddy of mine run some I think cat 5 from my attic to my game room so that I can be hardwired for my gaming. I ended up buying a Wi-Fi thing to connect to the att unit but yesterday was the first time I lost connection several times while playing online. Got kicked out of several matches due to poor connection.

My question is, can I essentially hard wire my fiber optic and run it down a wall so that I'm not losing connection during gaming? I can't even find in the attic where they put the shit and I know something up there cause the tech was in the attic for a min
Are you asking if you can wire up your own in your house? Yes. Though I'd highly recommend not using cat 5. You want to future proof your house

Are you asking if you can wire up your own in your house? Yes. Though I'd highly recommend not using cat 5. You want to future proof your house
So the buddy I had run the wires for the Cox was gonna charge me almost $200 to do it. While I'm all about supporting the lil man small business, I'm not trying to pay that if it's something I can do.

I probably should've mentioned this in the original post but it was already getting too wordy.

I'm not trying to do cat 5, but was just detailing what I think he did the first time.

I'm also not trying to future proof this joint cause I got maybe another 2 years in this one.

So the buddy I had run the wires for the Cox was gonna charge me almost $200 to do it. While I'm all about supporting the lil man small business, I'm not trying to pay that if it's something I can do.

I probably should've mentioned this in the original post but it was already getting too wordy.

I'm not trying to do cat 5, but was just detailing what I think he did the first time.

I'm also not trying to future proof this joint cause I got maybe another 2 years in this one.
Oh I see. I mean you can probably lookup a how to video on youtube that shows you going through it. Guess it really matters on just if you want to take your own time to do it or pay a professional to

I'd at least use cat 6 or higher just for yourself in those 2 years but that's me

Oh I see. I mean you can probably lookup a how to video on youtube that shows you going through it. Guess it really matters on just if you want to take your own time to do it or pay a professional to

I'd at least use cat 6 or higher just for yourself in those 2 years but that's me
Yes so this is the thing. I'm not sure what to type into YouTube cause none of my searches haven't shown what I'm looking for

Maybe I'm overcomplicating it cause the way my buddy was talking, he was gonna have to add one of these

Limited-time deal: TP-Link Litewave 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch | Desktop Ethernet Splitter | Plastic Case | Unshielded Network Switch | Plug & Play | Fanless Quiet | Unmanaged (LS1005G) https://a.co/d/d90VOyU

Maybe I'm overcomplicating it cause the way my buddy was talking, he was gonna have to add one of these

Limited-time deal: TP-Link Litewave 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch | Desktop Ethernet Splitter | Plastic Case | Unshielded Network Switch | Plug & Play | Fanless Quiet | Unmanaged (LS1005G) https://a.co/d/d90VOyU
So no cutting into the wall? Using a switch just allows you to use the same cable and run it through multiple ways

So no cutting into the wall? Using a switch just allows you to use the same cable and run it through multiple ways
I will cut through some drywall in a sec lol

Lemme see if I can find the box in the attic

how far is your modem from your game room?

how far is your modem from your game room?
Middle of the house in the kitchen. This house has a split floor plan. The developer originally put something in an area I guess designed for a coffee station/bar

When I got Cox, I got it moved to the game room but att put their modem back in the coffee bar cause the subdivision was pre wired for att

Middle of the house in the kitchen. This house has a split floor plan. The developer originally put something in an area I guess designed for a coffee station/bar

When I got Cox, I got it moved to the game room but att put their modem back in the coffee bar cause the subdivision was pre wired for att
Have you looked into mesh wifi? It's very popular now and pretty good

I'ma look into this

🫱🏿‍🫲🏻

Surprised your employer didnt put you on to Google Nest Wifi. I have that(an older version) at my crib. I've got about 5 access points across like 4 apartments and connection is strong in most places. Signal goes through stone too so yours should work even better

Surprised your employer didnt put you on to Google Nest Wifi. I have that(an older version) at my crib. I've got about 5 access points across like 4 apartments and connection is strong in most places. Signal goes through stone too so yours should work even better
Kneegrow lol

I work in state government. They ain't tryna give you shit outside a laptop and a mouse lol

Back