Welcome To aBlackWeb

6 White Mississippi cops plead guilty to torture (shot off his tongue) and rape of 2 black men

Swiffness!

WU-TANG
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Men who had sworn an oath to protect and serve were huddled on the back porch of a Mississippi home as Michael Corey Jenkins lay on the floor, blood gushing from his mutilated tongue where one of the police officers shoved a gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger.

As Jenkins writhed in pain, the six white officers devised a scheme to cover up dozens of stunning acts of brutality that they had just carried out during 90 minutes of terror against Jenkins and a second Black victim.

The officers planted drugs. They stole surveillance footage from the house. They tried to dispose of other evidence. They agreed on a set of lies that would further upend their victims’ lives.

Six white former law enforcement officers have pleaded guilty to the beating and sexual assault of two Black men in Mississippi.

The five sheriff’s deputies from Rankin County and one other officer entered guilty pleas Thursday in federal court, where they were charged with 13 federal felony offenses, including civil rights conspiracy, deprivation of rights under color of law and obstruction of justice.

The crimes against Michael Corey Jenkins and Eddie Terrell Parker were “a horrific and stark example of violent police misconduct which has no place in our society today,” said Kristen Clarke, assistant attorney general of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division.

The attack on the two Black men is being called a “racist” crime after the deputies, who called themselves “The Goon Squad,” tortured the men for spending the night with a white woman.

The “squad” included Christian Dedmon, Hunter Elward, Brett McAlpin, Jeffrey Middleton and Daniel Opdyke of the Rankin County Sheriff’s Department and Joshua Hartfield, a Richland police officer.

In March, an investigation by The Associated Press found several deputies involved in the alleged torture were also linked to at least four other violent encounters with Black men since 2019. Those encounters left two men dead and another with injuries.

Rankin County Sheriff Bryan Bailey said in June that all the officers involved had been fired or resigned.

Jenkins and Parker have also filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against Rankin County, seeking $400 million in damages.

Dedmon, Elward and Opdyke also pleaded guilty to using excessive force in a separate incident last year.

The 90-minute assault on Jenkins and Parker occurred late Jan. 24 after a white neighbor called McAlpin and asked if he and the squad were “available for a mission.”

The six officers, without a warrant, entered the home where Jenkins and Parker were staying, handcuffed the two and then assaulted them with a sex toy. They beat Parker with wood and a metal sword, then poured milk, alcohol and chocolate syrup over their faces before forcing them to strip naked and shower together.

Then, one of the officers put a gun in Jenkins’s mouth and fired.

“They left him lying in a pool of blood, gathered on the porch of the house to discuss how to cover it up,”
Darren LaMarca, U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Mississippi, said at the news conference in Jackson. “What indifference. What disregard for life.”

As Jenkins lay on the floor, blood gushing from his mouth, the officers ignored him to begin a cover up in which they fabricated a narcotics bust by planting a gun and drugs, according to The Associated Press.

Clarke called the assault on Jenkins and Parker “torture” and said the officers “sought to dehumanize their victims and to send a message that these two Black men were not welcome ‘on their side of the river.'”

The officers also face charges of aggravated assault, home invasion and obstruction of justice in the first degree. Mississippi Attorney General Lynn Fitch announced the charges Thursday.

1691256853037.png
1691256841963.png
1691256877334.png

The 90-minute assault on Jenkins and Parker occurred late Jan. 24 after a white neighbor called McAlpin and asked if he and the squad were “available for a mission.”

So nothing happened to that person?

I can't imagine all the shit they were doing out in the open if they doing shit like this and getting away with it..they already killed 2...

Black people gotta stand up for themselves at all times..you give em an inch and look what happens

They done push this shit back already... put them in prison so they can get handled .

They push this shit back from November to March...wtf

I really wish we had a society where if you did a crime, you get the same treatment done to you.

If you steal, chop the hand off
If you rape and torture like these cops did ....same thing happens to them and chop they dick off

Like barbaric acts need to be met with the same action

Fuck all that mental health, ppl ain't right in the head.

Crime,murder and rape and all this fuckery would slow tf down

Screenshot_20240124_150134_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240124_150241_Chrome.jpg

I can't imagine all the shit they were doing out in the open if they doing shit like this and getting away with it..they already killed 2...

Black people gotta stand up for themselves at all times..you give em an inch and look what happens

Yeah but to the general public u just see a "police raid".

Like if I was a neighbor, I would not think these black men were getting assaulted like that

Glad it came out, this my 1st time hearing about this case

Shit like this boils my blood. I don't even know you faceless niggas (word to gee757 -- IC nut if you were around back then) are even black on this site half the shit I see. Trolling is 1 thing but majority stay consistent..

Sad sad and it will continue for quite some time. I'm 39. I'd say if really cracked down and really tried to fix police force could take about 20 years maybe longer.

Back