Welcome To aBlackWeb

41 Hate Groups are Active in Georgia

Surprize!

41 Hate Groups Are Active In Georgia
The number of hate groups has skyrocketed in the last four years. See the groups operating in Georgia.
By Deb Belt, Patch National Staff | Feb 23, 2019 7:39 pm ET | Updated Feb 23, 2019 7:41 pm ET
ap_video-1550967121-757.jpg

The number of Ku Klux Klan groups and black nationalist groups have increased in Georgia, the SPLC says. (Image from AP video on YouTube)
ATANTA, GA — The Peach State is home to 41 radical groups that spew hate – an increase of nine from two years ago. Among them are Neo-Nazis, black and white nationalists and groups whose members are anti-Muslim, anti-LGBT or who promote the Confederacy.

The list has been drawn up by the Southern Poverty Law Center, which located the groups on an interactive map.

Across the country, 1,020 hate groups were active last year, a record high and a 30 percent increase over the past four years. The group estimates 40 people were killed in North America in radical-right terrorist attacks last year and there were more than 1,200 incidents of hate groups passing out flyers.

The groups located in Georgia are:

• Affirmative Right, Atlanta, white nationalist
  • All Eyes On Egypt Bookstore, Macon, Black Separatist
  • American Vision, anti-LGBT, Powder Springs
  • American White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, statewide
  • Asatru Folk Assembly, general hate, statewide
  • Atomwaffen Division, neo-Nazi, statewide
  • Blood and Honour Social Club, racist skinhead, statewide
  • Confederate Hammerskins, racist skinheads, statewide
  • Covenant People's Ministry, Christian identity, Brooks
  • Crew 38, racist skinhead, statewide
  • The Dustin Inman Society, anti-immigration, Marietta
  • Great Millstone, black nationalist, Atlanta
  • House of Israel, black nationalist, Atlanta
  • Identity Dixie, neo-Confederate statewide
  • Identity Evropa, white nationalsts, chapters in Savannah and Atlanta
  • International Keystone Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, Cedartown
  • Israel United in Christ, black nationalists, chapters in Savannah and Atlanta
  • Israelite School of Universal Practical Knowledge, black nationalist, Atanta
  • Israelites Saints of Christ, black nationalists, Savannah
  • League of the South, Powder Springs and Cartersville, Neo-Confederate
  • Luxor Couture, black nationalist, Atlanta
  • Nation of Islam, black nationalist, chapters in August, Brunswick and Atlanta
  • Nationalist Liberty Union, general hate, Augusta
  • New Black Panther Party, black nationalist, Atlanta
  • New Black Panther Party for Self Defense, black nationalist, Atlanta
  • Occidental Quarterly/Charles Martel Society, white nationalist, Atlanta
  • Patriot Front, white nationalist, statewide
  • Proud Boys, general hate, chapters in Gainesville and Atlanta
  • Sicarii 1715, black nationalist, Atlanta
  • Sunshine on Government (SONG) Alliance, anti-Muslim, Newton
  • The United Nuwaupians Worldwide/All Eyes on Egipt, black nationalist, chapters in Athens and Lithonia
  • Traditionalist Worker Party, neo-Nazis, statewide
  • United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, Ellijay
  • Wildman's Civil War Surplus and Herb Shop, neo-Confederate, Kennesaw
Though the Southern Poverty Law Center only named 21 groups, it counts seven more that operate statewide.

Subscribe
Heidi Beirich, director of the Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project, which publishes the Hatewatch blog, said it's become "critically important" that people understand what she called "the landscape of hate."

"We hope the new, interactive map helps people recognize and better understand the extremist activity occurring in their communities and how it's part of a larger movement," said Beirich.
The map allows users to filter by ideologies tracked by the organization. Some of the categories include anti-immigrant, anti-LGBT, anti-muslim, holocaust denial, Ku Klux Klan, male supremacy, Neo-Nazi, racist skinhead and white nationalist.

It shows that states with the most hate groups per capita tend to be concentrated in the Southeast, northern Rocky Mountain regions and western Great Plains. This includes Tennessee, Alabama and Arkansas, as well as Idaho and Montana.

Meanwhile, several states in the Midwest saw the least number of hate groups per capita. Among these states were Kansas, Iowa and Wyoming.

In a video accompanying the report, the group says there were roughly 375 hate groups nationwide in 1999. That number has ballooned over the years to more than 1,000 this year. Beirich called the rise "disturbing" and said it's no coincidence the rise coincides with Trump's election.

"The trend is unmistakable," she said in the video. "Trump has energized the radical right by fanning the flames of racial resentment over immigration and the country's changing demographics."

(For more news like this, find your local Patch here. If you have an iPhone, click here to get the free Patch iPhone app; download the free Patch Android apphere. And like Patch on Facebook!)

Patch national staffer Dan Hampton contributed to this report

Check the list tho....

I was expecting typical cracka groups, but a lot of this list are black group that they are trying to pin as hate groups. They aint slick

Yep, if you identify as a "Black Israelite" or jus even pro-black... wouldn't be surprised if ABW is on a list somewhere lol

Check the list tho....

I was expecting typical cracka groups, but a lot of this list are black group that they are trying to pin as hate groups. They aint slick

That's messed up. I can understand why white people would find the Hebrew Israelites to be off-putting, but to put them in the same category as groups that have literally killed people is disingenuous.

That's messed up. I can understand why white people would find the Hebrew Israelites to be off-putting, but to put them in the same category as groups that have literally killed people is disingenuous.

this is how they think

2019-02-25_16.04.12.jpg

mf said the kkk wasn't started to be against POC smh

It's crazy how little they understand history. The KKK was started specifically to fuck with freed slaves who were prospering during Reconstruction.

I think it's more so willful ignorance

the klan jus so happened to pop up right after slave patrols were disbanded... coincidence? Nah lol

Lol the Hebrew Israelites be goin in. I watch them when I need a good pick me up.

But yeah they are being very disingenuous with this. They're trying to turn themselves into victims and make us the bad guys like they always do.

I'm bout to go join all those black groups

This some bullshit calling those black groups hate groups

Who did they kill?

Back