Welcome To aBlackWeb

25 years to the day, man claims he may be D'wan Sims, missing since '94.

konceptjones

The one between three and three.

Livonia police take DNA from man claiming to be missing boy

Livonia police said Friday they have taken a DNA sample from a man claiming to be D’Wan Sims, who as a 4-year-old boy went missing while shopping with his mother at Livonia’s Wonderland Mall.

The man, who prefers anonymity for now, phoned Livonia Police Department Dec. 4, saying Detroit police and state police troopers had redirected him once he reported his belief that he may be Sims.

A detective called him the next day and arranged an appointment to take the DNA sample.

On Wednesday, exactly 25 years to the Dec. 11 day he went missing, “he came to LPD and provided a DNA sample,” emailed Lt. Charles Lister, the department’s investigative bureau commander. “We have submitted that sample for analysis and comparison to a DNA sample on file for the father of D'wan.”

This case used to pop up every few years in SE Michigan after it went cold years ago. It'd be cool if it actually was him, but then it raises more questions at the same time.

man we got a place here with the same name

I was befuddled af when I initially read it. I was like they don't have no mall then saw it was Detroit

this story crazy though

Yeah, this is really fucked up 'cause we may never know what happened to lil dude. His story basically vanished but we still hearing about Jon Benet Ramsay in the national news.

Back