Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024 NBA Playoffs West 1st Round: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #8 New Orleans Pelicans (OKC sweeps 4-0 🧹)

Who wins?

• Thunder in 4

• Thunder in 5

• Thunder in 6

• Thunder in 7

• Pelicans in 4

• Pelicans in 5

• Pelicans in 6

• Pelicans in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
I disagree

I am critical. I'm just not overly critical to the point where I'm legit bothered by this IRL

Make no mistake about it, as one of the local dudes that covers the team said, "I'ma cheer for them as long as New Orleans is on the jersey"

I also make it a point to not get caught up in who makes what, how that impacts the cap, etc... I'ma let the front office figure that out. If they put themselves in a situation that hinders roster flexibility, then it's up to them to figure it out.

I've seen some really dark years rooting for this team. This was just another "what if Zion doesn't get hurt" feeling for me. I realistically thought had he played, the pelicans might have pushed this to 7 giving themselves a chance to win. I thought maybe it goes 5 when he was ruled out.

One thing that was obvious is changes are coming. I think BI is the odd man out. Probably before the season but I wouldn't be surprised at a mid season trade either depending on where they are. The floor was just so packed without Zion.

A few things, you dont have to lose sleep IRL to be critical of your team. Also why even root for a team if their performance doesnt make you happy or angry in IRL? No one is saying make your sport team your identity, its way more important things in life, but imo its ok to be upset if your team loses.

Also, i agree it sucks to pocket watch players. But the salary cap forces you to do so. If a player is getting x percentage of the cap, you expect to see them contribute a certain amount. If their contribution doesnt equal their cap percentage, then its also ok to call our what theyre making.

Imo, this series would have maxed out at 5 games even with Zion.

I agree BI needs to go. I also think get rid of CJ for a real pg. Bottom out a bit if you too and give Zion another chance to build the team around him while maintaining flexibility to pivot incase he gets injured again.

It’s okay to care. Stop trying to be too cool for school.
I do care, just not the way y'all do

I guess a better way to put it, I'm not as invested as I once was.

I reached this point with the saints a few years ago to the point where I'm not rushing home to see them play.

I love the pelicans and I am disappointed but I'm not about to go on a rant calling for this person to be fired or this player to be traded.

Is only Willie Greens 3rd season. There has been gradual improvement in each season. There has been development from draft picks in each season.

Now they have some business decisions to make. They have enough data at this point.

Thunder played some great basketball with some great defense

Mix that with a contributions from everyone on the team (outside of Hayward) and star plays from Shai, it was the best I seen a team play game by game so far these playoffs
Good to hear. I dont doubt OKC and Shai played well.

Its just alot to fit in while trying to also watch 8 playoffs series. This one just had to get cut. Along with Magic Cavs. But now that half the series are over, i'll be tuned into that Magic Cavs series. Thats actually a fun one on paper and Ive seen highlights, looks like a good one. Just couldnt fit it in. Nh.

Good to hear. I dont doubt OKC and Shai played well.

Its just alot to fit in while trying to also watch 8 playoffs series. This one just had to get cut. Along with Magic Cavs. But now that half the series are over, i'll be tuned into that Magic Cavs series. Thats actually a fun one on paper and Ive seen highlights, looks like a good one. Just couldnt fit it in. Nh.
Yeah the first round is great like the first 2-3 days then it’s impossible to watch everything

Second round is the sweet spot of not having too many games and not enough

Also the weaklings are gone

A few things, you dont have to lose sleep IRL to be critical of your team. Also why even root for a team if their performance doesnt make you happy or angry in IRL? No one is saying make your sport team your identity, its way more important things in life, but imo its ok to be upset if your team loses.

Also, i agree it sucks to pocket watch players. But the salary cap forces you to do so. If a player is getting x percentage of the cap, you expect to see them contribute a certain amount. If their contribution doesnt equal their cap percentage, then its also ok to call our what theyre making.

Imo, this series would have maxed out at 5 games even with Zion.

I agree BI needs to go. I also think get rid of CJ for a real pg. Bottom out a bit if you too and give Zion another chance to build the team around him while maintaining flexibility to pivot incase he gets injured again.
Agreed

I just think you can be critical and not be overly critical. I laid around and hopped in a Pelicans spaces the other night and that shit was the worst. Everyone was so angry 😂

You go from praising CJ when he almost broke the franchise record in 3s, to needs to be on the the FBI terrorist list for the crimes he's done in the playoffs. Like damn, why so extreme?

I know every fanbase has those groups but it was just sad

Agreed

I just think you can be critical and not be overly critical. I laid around and hopped in a Pelicans spaces the other night and that shit was the worst. Everyone was so angry 😂

You go from praising CJ when he almost broke the franchise record in 3s, to needs to be on the the FBI terrorist list for the crimes he's done in the playoffs. Like damn, why so extreme?

lol you keep going into diehard spaces that’s why you keep looking at the shit as shameful

Try Facebook pelicans groups

lol you keep going into diehard spaces that’s why you keep looking at the shit as shameful

Try Facebook pelicans groups
Facebook??

Man hell no lol

I only went in there cause I got the notification one was being started so I was like, let me take a listen

Didn't last 3 min.

Silver called in though 👀

Agreed

I think the trick is to avoid Spaces fam.

I love my team. Like love love. But outside of here and a group chat with my boys, I dont get involved in anything Knicks related. Not on social media, def dont watch espn, and 100% no spaces.

When SGA not being a foul merchant, he's a legit dude

I hate looking at Williams create a player braids, but he had a wonderful series

Fuck giddey though.

I wish the pelicans stuck with the JV/Chet matchup.

I wish they figured out better ways to get Murphy shots.

I wish Herb got the benefit of the doubt Dort was getting

I with Hawkins got some tick

I wish the lid wasn't on the basket for CJ. He has to be just crushed that the same shots he was setting career highs in just weren't falling at all during this series

I wish we got the Ingram from the Phoenix series

Back