Welcome To aBlackWeb

2024/2025 College Basketball/Prospects Thread

Like I said in my original post, if u are trending to go in the top 30, go pro.

If I remember correctly, he was firmly in the first round, even getting lottery buzz. He should have gone pro. But I don’t fault him for gambling on himself.
one more thing…how do you feel about Nick smith Jr?

Not necessarily talking about staying or going back but just in general

one more thing…how do you feel about Nick smith Jr?

Not necessarily talking about staying or going back but just in general
LOL

Nick Smith Jr. is "an undersized guard who can't pass the ball and is not lights out from three. To make matters worse, does not show elite athleticism."

BUT

Idk, i like the smoothness of his game. Plus i am cutting him some slack bcos he missed alot of time to injuries.

This tweet made me laugh a few days ago though....

LOL

Nick Smith Jr. is "an undersized guard who can't pass the ball and is not lights out from three. To make matters worse, does not show elite athleticism."

BUT

Idk, i like the smoothness of his game. Plus i am cutting him some slack bcos he missed alot of time to injuries.

This tweet made me laugh a few days ago though....

Lmao!

But I’m watching his stuff and he’s not exactly blowing me away

I think it was tape before the injury if I’m not mistaken. Not a good shot maker, doesn’t have any eye popping athleticism/speed

like idk if he’s better than Dick, Hawkins or Bufkin but yeah the only thing I see is his age that’s a plus but I honestly could argue he needs to stay and work on his game for another year

Not even for better draft position but just to not be James bouknight when he comes to the league

Why do I keep seeing so much stuff about Daron Holmes being in the transfer portal?

He not coming man? I want him so bad lol nh

rick-grimes-stare.gif

@toheeb27 what’s some names you’d hope to be on our radar if we keep the pick?
After the top 7-9 players, this draft is such a toss up. I am mostly interested in the wings.

Wings that shoot, but defense is a question (Jett Howard, Grady Dick, GG Jackson, Brice Sensabaugh and Kris Murray)

Wings that play defense, but Shooting is the swing skill (Rayan Rupert and Sidy Cissoko) Leonard Miller should be in this group, but plays more like a center for the G League, still intriguing.

Shooting Guards i am ok with Dariq Whitehead, Jordan Hawkins and maybe Kobe Bufkin. These 3 have shown their 3 point shooting might be legit.

Weak draft for PGs and Centers.

U might look at some Mocks and see some of these names in the lottery. But there are other mocks that dont have them in the lottery.

Taylor Hendricks in number one on my wish list, but most mocks have him going in the lottery now.

Word I’m gonna check these names out, the only two I’ve seen on a numerous basis is Jhawk and Dariq. Good looking out

Word I’m gonna check these names out, the only two I’ve seen on a numerous basis is Jhawk and Dariq. Good looking out
Dariq Whitehead is a very interesting prospect. Was top 3-5 on most draft boards coming into the season. Was injured most of the 1st half of the season and never regained his full athleticism throughout the season.
The one thing he did well was shoot the 3 ball amazingly (which was a question coming into the season).

If he gets healthy and the athleticism is still there, he would be such a steal outside the lottery.

Dariq Whitehead is a very interesting prospect. Was top 3-5 on most draft boards coming into the season. Was injured most of the 1st half of the season and never regained his full athleticism throughout the season.
The one thing he did well was shoot the 3 ball amazingly (which was a question coming into the season).

If he gets healthy and the athleticism is still there, he would be such a steal outside the lottery.

Yeah I knew about Dariq for a few years. I like his game a lot. Crazy thing is my cousin is with Dariq’s Aunt, small world lol.

If we keep the pick I definitely can see the brass promising him if they really like him. I know they promised AR15 and in turn he told teams not to draft him so he could sign as Fa.

DW also has a nba ready body, he wouldn’t need the redshirt time like Max Christie

Back