Welcome To aBlackWeb

1 year since worldwide BLM protests. How much has changed?

Nothing changed except the wealth and skintone of the BLM founders.

BLM, the organization, is a scam.

BLM, the movement, failed because the original people involved got killed. So the movement went from "stop killing Black people via the police" to "LGBT rights, women's rights, immigrant rights".

There have been changes imo.

Of course the main issue is systemic racism and white supremacy in every aspect of American life. Health care, housing, financial/banking/loans, education, policing, the criminal justice system, the private bizness sector etc.

When in reality most white ppl dont wanna even discuss systemic racism cuz it makes them feel comfortable and they feel blk ppl should "jus move on."

Nothing changed except the wealth and skintone of the BLM founders.

BLM, the organization, is a scam.

BLM, the movement, failed because the original people involved got killed. So the movement went from "stop killing Black people via the police" to "LGBT rights, women's rights, immigrant rights".

No it didn’t the movement itself didn’t fail

Speaking of BLM. Was watching bill Maher on Friday and the panel gst made a very good comment about BLM...

"Every cause, turns into a business, that morphs into a racket."

That about sums it up imo

No it didn’t the movement itself didn’t fail

It did fail. Has police killings stop? No. Did police militarization stop? No. Did we secure new rights? No.

BLM was about one thing, police brutality and extrajudicial killings of Black people.

Instead it became a media spectacle. We watch Black people get killed on TV, then people go outside and protest. Then it's on the news 24/7 until nobody cares anymore.

BLM became a way for so-called activists to enrich themselves and ingratiate themselves with Hollywood and a way to fill up the 24 hour news cycle. It created jobs for thousands of liberal arts college PH.D to write their shitty books about the "Black experience". It created thousands of jobs in the diversity industry. It gave civil rights lawyers thousands of hours.

What I wanted, and what most people wanted in the beginning, was Black people not being killed by the police and vigilantes. It wasn't about celebrities posting hashtags or Black squares, or White people feeling guilty and looking at us with pity or new symbolic gestures by politicians.

We have to stop thinking just because something becomes popular, it was successful.

BLM movement is a failure because the leaders in Ferguson was usurped by fucking weirdos.

Speaking of BLM. Was watching bill Maher on Friday and the panel gst made a very good comment about BLM...

"Every cause, turns into a business, that morphs into a racket."

That about sums it up imo
Money corrupts

while I hear all the stuff people are saying.

but if you give the hardest activist too much money......shit will begin to look different to them

Money corrupts

while I hear all the stuff people are saying.

but if you give the hardest activist too much money......shit will begin to look different to them

Activism is a selfless job, they are working on issues that be around since the beginning of time, it's most likely not gonna change no matter what they do, and they have to be okay with that.

I personally, don't want to, but some people want their life to matter and shit but nobody asked them. They weren't drafted into it. They chose to do it. And the communities they serve, don't owe them shit.

So if they really out here in the trenches like that and they start thinking, "I deserve money and luxuries because I protest and march and made this organization..."

Then they need to get the fuck out of activism. All my favorite activists got murdered and they accepted that risk. They weren't rich. They weren't celebrities making TV shows and podcasts.

If you can't die and be impoverished for the cause, then go live your life and do something else.

Back