Welcome To aBlackWeb

young boy abused on ig live for being gay

Actually, it does in the same way that being seen as just a Black man does. But the thing about it is that people see the Black first and foremost, and create their perceptions based on that. Without something to lay eyes on, or without telling you directly, a homosexual person doesn't have to go through that with regards to their sexuality. Everything is based on what a person can see or what you tell them directly or indirectly, so a Black gay male will be seen first as a Black man to a racist and the only time the homosexual aspect of him comes into play is when he makes that known either directly or indirectly. In this same way I don't get the added layer of racism for being Native or other associated stigmas and stereotypes unless I tell you that's what I am directly or indirectly.

We're all very much well aware of the negative views that a very vocal portion of society holds towards gay people. Gay people are very much well aware of the perception people have of them. So whether they express it openly or not they still have to deal with how the world perceives who they are without ever actually knowing who they are.

Even in your personal example no you may not tell everyone you're Native, but you're very much well aware of the negative stereotypes that come with identifying with your Native ancestry. You're still getting that added layer, you're just consciously choosing to deal with it in a certain way.

The main difference is in the severity of the negative reactions. You're not gonna find a bunch of people who want to kill you for being part Native. They still out here calling for old Testament style retribution on gay people in some places.

We're all very much well aware of the negative views that a very vocal portion of society holds towards gay people. Gay people are very much well aware of the perception people have of them. So whether they express it openly or not they still have to deal with how the world perceives who they are without ever actually knowing who they are.

Even in your personal example no you may not tell everyone you're Native, but you're very much well aware of the negative stereotypes that come with identifying with your Native ancestry. You're still getting that added layer, you're just consciously choosing to deal with it in a certain way.

The main difference is in the severity of the negative reactions. You're not gonna find a bunch of people who want to kill you for being part Native. They still out here calling for old Testament style retribution on gay people in some places.

and a case that I remember from back inna day:

Fact is, there ARE people that want to kill me for being part native, especially because of the fact that I'm mixed and they hate race mixing.

Fact is, there ARE people that want to kill me for being part native, especially because of the fact that I'm mixed and they hate race mixing.

ok???

so shouldnt you understand social exclusion and displacement even more??

I never said it didn't happen. I said "a bunch" but if it's far more than I'm aware of I will defer to you knowing more about the issue being that it can directly affect you. However you posting this actually shows why you should be more empathetic towards the current topic

Just cuz it's "common" dont make it right
not going to argue this but for %99 of the posters who have the "oh that's so sad take" take a look at your post history and see me how many times you have derided fellow posters with verbal accusations far worse than this..typed stuff that could.get the shit slapped outta you irl.

hell someone made a thread accusing Kevin Samuel's of being gay..in a very negative and nasty way...cuz they don't agree with his views...and yet outside that thread there is no one who capes for lbgtxyz any harder than said poster..
..point being it might not be right but the world definitely ain't....if he can't handle this soft tough love from family I dont see how he copes with what comes from complete strangers

I never said it didn't happen. I said "a bunch" but if it's far more than I'm aware of I will defer to you knowing more about the issue being that it can directly affect you. However you posting this actually shows why you should be more empathetic towards the current topic

I never said I wasn't.

However, my concerns are more for the Black and Native communities over every other. Sure there are gay members of both, but that's a given. They have their own battles to fight that have nothing to do with me and that's what's at issue: Don't conflate the struggle of Black folks in this country with the issues of the LGBT community. They're not the same.

I got siblings we didn’t cut gay in our hair we thought hair pranks was white people shit
neither did we but you better believe my older brothers tried to instill the importance of backbone in me in ways I thought were mean then but did somewhat prep me fornbullies,racists, etc later on in life.. im the minority on this view I'm sure so no more replies from me

not going to argue this but for %99 of the posters who have the "oh that's so sad take" take a look at your post history and see me how many times you have derided fellow posters with verbal accusations far worse than this..typed stuff that could.get the shit slapped outta you irl.

hell someone made a thread accusing Kevin Samuel's of being gay..in a very negative and nasty way...cuz they don't agree with his views...and yet outside that thread there is no one who capes for lbgtxyz any harder than said poster..
..point being it might not be right but the world definitely ain't....if he can't handle this soft tough love from family I dont see how he copes with what comes from complete strangers

board politics aside im pretty sure we can and should be able to differentiate between "tough love" and outright abuse

eat a dick weirdo

yall niggas deserve to be cussed out and bombed on. yall have terrible views

KS was dragged because of his anti-Black woman statements not because he is gay

nobody said KS should die or be harmed so dry your tears clown

yall niggas deserve to be cussed out and bombed on. yall have terrible views

KS was dragged because of his anti-Black woman statements not because he is gay

nobody said KS should die or be harmed so dry your tears clown
by weaponizing his effeminate ass ways....wtf..its the same as a white person claimg black friends but calling his nosey neighbor a nigger.

Back