Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY YMHHer Podcast: S1:E10: Telling Lies, While Telling the Truth

Duwop

Savage Garden ⬛
Mod Squad

In this latest edition of the You, Me, Him and Her podcast, the team attempts to tackle some serious subjects like God, religion, truth, and the greater good of mankind. Then we wrapped it up by laughing at little kids playing sports....

Be sure to tune in... You'll hear something that'll having you scratching your head all weekend!!

God vs rellgion vs spiritually

Lying by Omisson

Kids sports

listening now.. ima split my thoughts up into different posts.

ima keep telling yall you should make separate threads for each topic tho lol

While I hear what you were sayin @AP21 about if you aren't feeling the church you're at and its not meeting your spiritual needs... alot of the times... folks that experience that are children and have a choice in the matter... and that churches doctrine is drilled into their heads...damn near indoctrinating them sometimes. I think that's a interesting topic to explore about when it makes sense to expose children/impressionable minds to organized religion..

@Chicity was on point with his lying by omission takes.. either folks embarrassed by the truth or they trying to put themselves in a better position by withholding the truth. Lies by omission are for sure still lies tho.

Crazy how @Duwop went into this thing about people like being lied to and cherry picking what they want to believe... that shit goes full circle right back to the religious conversation yall were having.. and alot of the things that were said can be applied to religious folk cherry-picking what and what not to believe.

Good shit tho yall. Interesting topics overall. lol I got nothing for the kids sports thing

Lol, I don't know if you missed it but I said something to the tune of...

All religions are probably lies.... So it just comes down to which lie you like the best. Christianity at it's core is my favorite one.. But you know it's been through a lot of hands which mean a lot of people have had a say so to what we read today. And all of their motives weren't pious. So in the journey of enlightenment... It's best to do what works for you, and follow what you most feel fills in the holes. The likely hood we're all dead ass wrong is still highly likely. But it's good to have a moral compass we consider higher than ourselves.

Lol, I don't know if you missed it but I said something to the tune of...

All religions are probably lies.... So it just comes down to which lie you like the best. Christianity at it's core is my favorite one.. But you know it's been through a lot of hands which mean a lot of people have had a say so to what we read today. And all of their motives weren't pious. So in the journey of enlightenment... It's best to do what works for you, and follow what you most feel fills in the holes. The likely hood we're all dead ass wrong is still highly likely. But it's good to have a moral compass we consider higher than ourselves.

What do you mean by the bolded?

While I hear what you were sayin @AP21 about if you aren't feeling the church you're at and its not meeting your spiritual needs... alot of the times... folks that experience that are children and have a choice in the matter... and that churches doctrine is drilled into their heads...damn near indoctrinating them sometimes. I think that's a interesting topic to explore about when it makes sense to expose children/impressionable minds to organized religion..

@Chicity was on point with his lying by omission takes.. either folks embarrassed by the truth or they trying to put themselves in a better position by withholding the truth. Lies by omission are for sure still lies tho.

Crazy how @Duwop went into this thing about people like being lied to and cherry picking what they want to believe... that shit goes full circle right back to the religious conversation yall were having.. and alot of the things that were said can be applied to religious folk cherry-picking what and what not to believe.

Good shit tho yall. Interesting topics overall. lol I got nothing for the kids sports thing
Yeah, my pov was mainly talking about adults, even people here who just foam at the mouth to diss churches. Yes, there are some shady pastors. There are also shady politicians, shady CEOs, shady people on IG who do business and there doesn't seem to be half the energy aimed at those folks.

And if you don't like going to church at all, that's cool as well. I hope we both end up in a positive afterlife despite the path that got us there

I think religion for children is hoping to help them form some moral character/principles.

As they grow and have other things shape their ideas, if what they grew up on no longer fulfills that, by all means, find something that does

Back