Welcome To aBlackWeb

XXXtencion's Alleged Abuse Victim Gives Details

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Xxxtentacion.jpg

On August 25, Florida rapper XXXTentacion released his debut album, 17, which entered at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart. The music arrived amid online debate over the criminal case against the 19-year-old, whose real name is Jahseh Onfroy. Last October, prosecutors charged him with aggravated battery of a pregnant woman, domestic battery by strangulation, false imprisonment, and witness-tampering. If convicted on all four counts, XXXTentacion could face substantial prison time. He has pleaded not guilty. He has also denied the charges in various interviews, saying the woman was attacked by someone else and wasn’t pregnant, among other contentions. A trial is set to begin on October 5.

The gravity of the charges is clear, but the particulars that led to them have remained murky. Now, Pitchfork has obtained a 142-page transcript of testimony by XXXTentacion’s reported victim, delivered over two and a half hours in January at a public defender’s office in Miami. (XXXTentacion’s lawyer, his manager, and spokespeople for his label, Empire, have not responded to requests for comment.) In the deposition, the woman said she suffered a grim pattern of routine abuse and offered harrowing details about what she said happened in the final days before the charges.

Based on that deposition, the following is a chronological summary of what she described:

The reported victim met XXXTentacion online and went to a movie theater with him once before she attended one of his shows in late May 2016. On that particular evening, he came up from behind her in the crowd, grabbed her neck, and walked away silently. Later that same night, he hugged her and invited her to a party at the house where he was living in North Miami. At the house, he told her he liked her and suggested she could move in with him. The next day, she left her ex-boyfriend’s place and began cohabitating with XXXTentacion.

• The first incident of domestic violence occurred about two weeks later. He slapped her and broke her iPhone 6S, because she had complimented a male friend on his new jewelry. (XXXTentacion later repaired the phone.) Later that day, XXXTentacion left the room and returned with two grilling implements—a “barbecue pitchfork” and a “barbecue cleaner,” she said—and told her to pick between them, because he was going to put one of them in her vagina. She chose the fork. He told her to undress. He was lightly dragging the tool against her inner thigh when she passed out. He did not penetrate her with it.

• Following that incident, XXXTentacion began to act violently toward her often. Around July 2016, the couple moved to Orlando. When asked during the deposition to “pinpoint the days he threatened to kill you,” the reported victim responded, “Well, when we lived in Orlando, it was literally like every day.”

• About a week and a half into their stint in Orlando, the woman and XXXTentacion were on their way to a show together. They listened to one of XXXTentacion’s songs in the car and she sang along with his verse. Then she hummed along with a verse from a featured artist on the track. After that, XXXTentacion fell silent and left her in the car outside the venue. Inside, they got into a fight. When they arrived home after the show, he took her into the bathroom. “And he was asking me why I was singing his friend’s part of the song, if I like him, why do I like him, like do I ever look at his Twitter,” she said.

Then, XXXTentacion head-butted her, punched her, stomped on her, and put her in the bathtub, where he continued hitting and kicking her. “He also wanted to cut out my tongue because I was singing the song,” she said. She tried to run away down the street. He tackled her, causing her head to hit the pavement. She suffered black eyes, a lump on the back of her head, scratch marks, and bruises, including a large bruise on her ankle where he stomped her.

• Also while living in Orlando, he hit her with white plastic clothes hangers. “He broke a good 30 hangers on my legs,” she said. Around this time, he tried cutting her hair, and he held her head under running water in the bathtub.

They both aint shit, cuz by her story she said she was living with her then boyfriend while talking and meeting up with this nigga

Yea he crazy as hell heaed he got mad stories of fights and shit. He probably going to kill himself sometime in the next few years

She let a Digimon threaten her every single day, beat her with 30 hangers, and beat/punch/stomp her out in a bthtub? She's lucky to be alive mane...damn. How much does it take to leave or kill a nigga before he actually kills you first?

Shes dumb af.

He walked up to her and grabbed her by her neck and this dumbass went home with him, left her boyfriend for him (is he the father of the baby she's carrying too?), and continued to live with this fool after multiple counts of abuse. She couldn't tell by looking at this fool that hes bad news?

What a retard. Lock em both up.

Hol up, she actually chose a weapon? lmaooooooooooo , it's nothing to laugh at but lol

I stopped reading that she already had a nigga and he yoked her up by the neck and she KEPT talkin to him afterwards

Hol up, she actually chose a weapon? lmaooooooooooo , it's nothing to laugh at but lol

I stopped reading that she already had a nigga and he yoked her up by the neck and she KEPT talkin to him afterwards

That was the very next paragraph.

Back