Welcome To aBlackWeb

what’s the point of def jam? To show how they missed on the WU and but managed to get meth instead?

what’s the point of def jam? To show how they missed on the WU and but managed to get meth instead?

Probably there to add some drama. Everyone will think they're about to get signed by DefJam and have it made, only to have the rug pulled from under them. This season will probably end with them signing with Rifkin.

Ghost face actor was finally on point. He sou red like the real Ghost face when he did his verse. What was the point of la la narrating in this episode. Ghost baby mama was looking pretty when dolled up.

Yo, I thought that was mostly dramatization. That nigga Dirty really did get out there and preach to the crowd before they got on. lol

That sound was ass though. It's amazing any groups broke through off of live performances back then.
And he flashed the gun in his waist. RZA really portraying this shit true to life.

And he flashed the gun in his waist. RZA really portraying this shit true to life.

Shit, the show actually toned shit down a bit in this case though cause in the show he didn't actually have the gun remember. They took it off him.

Also, something that people will miss is that the Wu rolled super deep back then. On the show, we see the 8/9 members on the stage and that shit looked crowded, but in reality, they always had like 20 mutha fuckas on the stage at any given time.

Meh...I didn't see the point of giving La La an episode to narrate. It made it seem like she's been rocking wit them since day 1

Meh...I didn't see the point of giving La La an episode to narrate. It made it seem like she's been rocking wit them since day 1

It would make sense if she is going to have a bigger role going forward in the show. This would be like her grand introduction. Given that the Wu didn't sign with Def Jam, I don't see how that's going to happen unless she ends up quitting Def Jam and going to Loud with them.

I didn't hate it, so long as it's a one-off.

I dig how the show isn't afraid to switch up and lean into various storytelling devices from one episode to the next.

In this case....voice overs.

The weekend before...animation and a random fantasy shootout.

Shit, the show actually toned shit down a bit in this case though cause in the show he didn't actually have the gun remember. They took it off him.

Also, something that people will miss is that the Wu rolled super deep back then. On the show, we see the 8/9 members on the stage and that shit looked crowded, but in reality, they always had like 20 mutha fuckas on the stage at any given time.
I missed the fact it wasn’t there. I just assumed it was but I didn’t focus in on it.

In that YouTube clip though maybe he didn’t have it on him either. Angle was from behind.

Either way, that was a great touch.

I missed the fact it wasn’t there. I just assumed it was but I didn’t focus in on it.

In that YouTube clip though maybe he didn’t have it on him either. Angle was from behind.

Either way, that was a great touch.

I wouldn't doubt he had the gun in real life. Supposedly those early Wu shows were really wild. Rza touched on in that Breakfast Show interview. He said two of their earliest shows ended up in shootouts and them having to leave in a hurry.

No way meth did that hook in in one go.

theyshould of negotiated for money from album sales, solves the low initial offer

In the very beginning they dropped a few notes from the intro to Triumph. Geeked out from jump.

That CREAM hook is so fucking iconic now. And RZA killed that beat.

I enjoy the episodes more centered around the crew and creative process. This was centered more around the business, which is needed but doesn't give me the feels like the past couple of eps. Still a great episode though.

I just wished they had put more emphasis on the creation of CREAM. They even cut the performance of the song. I was a little disappointed in that, but maybe the song will get more shine when they make the video.

The visual of RZA's decision making being him debating with his former selves was super dope. Great visualization of learning from your past mistakes and victories.

Back