Welcome To aBlackWeb

Wrestling Debates

BountyHunterRo

I’ve come to collect
2022 ABW Sexiest Male Poster
Stealing (“borrowing”) the idea from a thread in another section: would y’all be down for this? I could pick a topic such as was Vince McMahon in the right with how he screwed Bret Hart with the Montreal screw job or do you agree with Steve Austin’s heel turn during Wrestlemania X7? Would y’all participate?

Stealing (“borrowing”) the idea from a thread in another section: would y’all be down for this? I could pick a topic such as was Vince McMahon in the right with how he screwed Bret Hart with the Montreal screw job or do you agree with Steve Austin’s heel turn during Wrestlemania X7? Would y’all participate?

Montreal was a work.

When is the official beginning of the Attitude Era? And why is it Survivor Series 1996?

The return of the Hitman vs Stone Cold & the end of HBK's boyhood dream to thunderous applause turns the page on the New Generation as Attitude takes its first foothold in earnest.

As a bonus here is 4 minutes of Stone Cold being awesome in October 1996 showing the signs of things to come:

I think the official start of the attitude era was when the Montreal screwjob happened for obvious reasons

I think the official start of the attitude era was when the Montreal screwjob happened for obvious reasons
That misses so many classic attitude moments though.
The entire bret vs Austin feud, including the double turn
Pillmans got a gun
Rock debut (also at survivor series 96)
The entire run of the hart foundation including all of USA vs canada & owen breaking Austin's neck
Formation of Dx
Debut of hell in a cell & kane
Rise of the outlaws
HBKs heel turn at summerslam & promo on canada
The 3 faces of Foley interviews with JR
Rock heel turn & joining the nation
Austin stunning Vince for the 1st time.

Etc. Etc.

That misses so many classic attitude moments though.
The entire bret vs Austin feud, including the double turn
Pillmans got a gun
Rock debut (also at survivor series 96)
The entire run of the hart foundation including all of USA vs canada & owen breaking Austin's neck
Formation of Dx
Debut of hell in a cell & kane
Rise of the outlaws
HBKs heel turn at summerslam & promo on canada
The 3 faces of Foley interviews with JR
Rock heel turn & joining the nation
Austin stunning Vince for the 1st time.

Etc. Etc.

My feelings towards Bret and the Hart Foundation during that run...was on some HHH anger shyt like...
RbgYhzI.gif

One match in particular was like a flag match. It was them vs Taker and his squad, and Taker lost. I remember Brett winning by climbing the turnbuckles and grabbing his flag 1st. Then waving it around in front of his home crowd (I believe they were in Canada).

Had my blood BOILING!! LOL!!

Last edited:
Back