Welcome To aBlackWeb

Would the rap game be the same if Biggie and Pac were still alive?

Would the rap game be the same if Biggie and Pac were still alive?

• YES

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Hell no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but they would have fell off at some point

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
How do you think the game would be if they were still alive?

Do you think Trap would be as popular as it is now?

Do you think Pac or Biggie would have took the Auto-tune route at some point?

Do you think they would still be coming with heat 20 years later?

Do you think they would be as successful as Jayz?

maxresdefault.jpg

I think Pac would've been able to dwelve more into acting after he finished his deal with Deathrow. Who is to say Big wouldn't have fell into the same trap that everyone signed to Bad boy fell into? Or perhaps he'd be lucky enough to indeed start the commission with Hov, Kim, Cease, and others to add to the 90s classics:jordan:

I have to agree. Im kind of sad at the fact the younger generation will never be able to experience what Pac and biggie were like

but then again I was 8 when biggie died, 7 when pac passed sooooo neither did I

Last edited:
I have to agree. Im kind of sad at the fact the younger generation will never be able to experience what Pac and biggie was like

but then again I was 8 when biggie died, 7 when pac passed sooooo neither did I
Their recorded work is still out there that's no excuse for the youngings lol. I don't think any one on here was alive for Earth Wind and Fire in their prime but we damn sure know their music:uk:

Yeah...

I think that the game would be relativly the same.

Pac and Big wasnt gonna stop the southern takeover and the midwest movement

I also think they would have eventually squashed the beef as well.

Pac would have been NL Solider, according to P

I think Biggie would have fallen off as far as being the biggest rapper, If you go back to that VIBE interview with PAC, he made mentioned of how they, BAD BOY were falling off, to me dude was getting the "bad" guy stigma placed on him when Pac was alive and doing his thing. Plus that VIBE interview didn't helped with him and Puffy and PAC with his reply.. I just felt the world was on PAC side more so...just me guessing.

The way Pac moved, I don't think Bad Boy would have gotten as big as they've gotten. They really blew up after Biggie and off of Biggie's death eh? I may be off..but late 97 and heading into 98 was Puff year..

I was a youngin to really get a fully understanding of their beef, but going back now being a bit older and pulling up old Pac interviews when he was on his run in 96, I think Pac would have been able to keep Bad Boy as a low-key East Coast record label.

I don't think the beef would have been squashed, that ran deeper than music and Pac may would have sat down, but I wouldn't bet on it. I read somewhere J.Prince or maybe Farrahkan tried to intervene or something.

But today, I think rap would be more "controlled" in a sense....balanced out....I think PAC would have spoken out on the amount of BS that is being played on air. Biggie would have branched out on his own and did his own thing more so on what NAS is doing today.

I don't think Jay-Z would be where he's at today, hell I don't think it would as many rappers there are today.

Everybody is a rapper today, I think them being alive today would have still kept the rules in play where's you had to be a good rapper to be a rapper and have fans

I think Biggie would have fallen off as far as being the biggest rapper, If you go back to that VIBE interview with PAC, he made mentioned of how they, BAD BOY were falling off, to me dude was getting the "bad" guy stigma placed on him when Pac was alive and doing his thing. Plus that VIBE interview didn't helped with him and Puffy and PAC with his reply.. I just felt the world was on PAC side more so...just me guessing.

The way Pac moved, I don't think Bad Boy would have gotten as big as they've gotten. They really blew up after Biggie and off of Biggie's death eh? I may be off..but late 97 and heading into 98 was Puff year..

I was a youngin to really get a fully understanding of their beef, but going back now being a bit older and pulling up old Pac interviews when he was on his run in 96, I think Pac would have been able to keep Bad Boy as a low-key East Coast record label.

I don't think the beef would have been squashed, that ran deeper than music and Pac may would have sat down, but I wouldn't bet on it. I read somewhere J.Prince or maybe Farrahkan tried to intervene or something.

But today, I think rap would be more "controlled" in a sense....balanced out....I think PAC would have spoken out on the amount of BS that is being played on air. Biggie would have branched out on his own and did his own thing more so on what NAS is doing today.

I don't think Jay-Z would be where he's at today, hell I don't think it would as many rappers there are today.

Everybody is a rapper today, I think them being alive today would have still kept the rules in play where's you had to be a good rapper to be a rapper and have fans

You dropped a lot of things I never considered here. Spot on!

While these are all valid points. I feel some things are inevitable. A combination of trchnology and the commercialization if hip hop led to what we have now. Pac and Big would have not been able to stop it.

Now wheather bad boy would not have been big is debatable...they were already on the cusp of a big year b4 BIG died.

Also think Jay would have stilll been able to do big things business wise. I think Jay was always destined to be a boss.

Like someone meantioned earlier I think Pac would have made a full transition to acting and drop music every so often...like Common has done

And BIG would be moving similar to what Nas is doing now

Bad boy would have stayed relevant....

You forget they kept a roster of spitters....

Biggie would have feel into the intra New York beef and ended up like so many other 90s New York rappers, washed
And I'm a biggie fan

Lox, gdep, black rob, they would have been just as much a crew as ROC, gunit, dipset...

I think big and puff stay together where same and jay couldn't...

PAC be in tyler Perry movies

Neither one would still be rapping, Pac would be playing the role Ice T currently have on SVU and Biggie would have been the head of a record label and a ghost writer

Im not sure how it would be. They had alot of influence so I dont know how they would impact the styles from 2005 to 2015. I do feel alot of rappers wouldnt be as big as they are if they were still alive.

Lox, gdep, black rob, they would have been just as much a crew as ROC, gunit, dipset...

I think big and puff stay together where same and jay couldn't...

PAC be in tyler Perry movies

I don't know Du...I heard rumors that Biggie wasn't really happy at Bad Boy, again rumors...I don't think Biggie and Puff would be on good terms..

Puff has burned pretty much that whole roster he had...or they just burned out. Not saying you are wrong and I'm right by any means, but I just think Biggie wanted to get his own thing and put others on that puff may not wanted to. IDK

Good topic....

i look at it like this... big's greatness was in his versatility....

dude would put a hot 16 on anything.....anything.....

puff always had a ear for hits.....and always was making other moves.....he woulda kept biggie around just to spit a golden 16 bars in a sean john commercial real quick.....

or have a whole video popping ciroc......

biggie was always gonna be puff's mascot...part of his brand.....

puff a billionaire right now bruh.....a billionaire.....

with big alive, not only does he get there quicker....but whatever beef they had would've been worked out when puff started making them super power moves.....

them puff daddy and the family albums predated jay's roc-la-familia

i think big woulda been sitting on the kinda dough jay sitting on right now

Back