Welcome To aBlackWeb

Would Nicki be in your top 10/top 20 if she was a man?

Like some have said before, Nicki being a woman is the only reason she even gets mentioned. I'm not saying she can't rap, but even if you compared her to a male rapper with more manly analogs to her gimmicks, you're still not looking at a top 10-20 rapper.

Like some have said before, Nicki being a woman is the only reason she even gets mentioned. I'm not saying she can't rap, but even if you compared her to a male rapper with more manly analogs to her gimmicks, you're still not looking at a top 10-20 rapper.
Nah nicki as a man would be in the conversation with drake and Kendrick because he would have the same female awards and sales

lololol

I think Nicki's material is too tied to her gender to be able to even imagine what "Nick Minaj" would sound like. way too hypersexual, hyper femme and focused on her appearance to imagine a male perspective of it, other than maybe a lil nas x.

If she was a man she'd be praised differently.

I definitely do think that for this era she's extremely influential and iconic because of her impact.

Ehh...you got a point. I just think she could've expanded her sound and made more "relatable" real music. She chose her lane and did it better than everyone else.

Little-Simz-Press-Photo-2021.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>Nicki Minaj

If she was a man she'd be praised differently.

I definitely do think that for this era she's extremely influential and iconic because of her impact.
Soulja Boy was hugely influential as well. That doesn't mean his influence or impact were positive.

She sold records as the 1st lady of Young Money. Payolla put them on and they got looks collectively and individually off the strength of the brand. Wayne the rapper turned rocker, Drake the rapper turned crooner, Nicki the rapper turned pop star. If she's not the girl on the team, her impact is dilluted and she is closer to Tyga than Drake.

Back