Welcome To aBlackWeb

Would Nicki be in your top 10/top 20 if she was a man?

Where are you getting this bullshit narrative from.

Rappers like Missy, L-boogie, Da Brat and plenty others have never had the ghostwriter tag, at not that I recall.

Nicki got that ghostwriter tag cuz she didn't really dispute it when those claims were made.

Like I said. That’s because they are mostly seen as pure MC’s

Nicki quickly shifted to pop and managed to stay there for most of her career..

All I’m saying is that most rappers have ghostwriters or people that “helped” them with their lyrics at different points in their careers. No matter how successfully mainstream they end up as

Female rappers are looked down upon no matter what. Even if they’re dope, people would suspect a ghostwriter….despite most male rappers having ghostwriters or “helpers” on their songs..
Jean Grae and Eve are rappers who weren't accused of as far as I know ghostwriting
In terms of fame and body of work ? Why are we overlooking that ? She happens to have hotness too but she has sales, longevity, lyrical skill, impact and arguably critical acclaim (if yall gonna give Drake shit for critical acclaim or not having classics but he's in the top 3, keep the same energy for Nicki). She can rock with them. Yall give Drake maaaad shit on all those metrics but Nicki who cut from the same cloth as him can't be in his ranks ? If not Nicki who else is there ? Nicki helped birth the likes of Cardi B, Meg The Stallion and aaaalll these female rappers bussin it open and rapping like her. She clearly has the influence and impact. The problem with ABW is she's a woman.

If not Nicki who else can play 4th wheel and has the body of work and accolades to justify it from Drake's era ?
Lyrical and lyricist not the same, one is bars and the other is the poetic emotional expression in the rap and I don't knock your placement of her with Lamar, Cole, and Drake... but again top 10 or 20, we not talking today alone man, this overall if I'm not mistaken

Last edited:
In terms of fame and body of work ? Why are we overlooking that ? She happens to have hotness too but she has sales, longevity, lyrical skill, impact and arguably critical acclaim (if yall gonna give Drake shit for critical acclaim or not having classics but he's in the top 3, keep the same energy for Nicki). She can rock with them. Yall give Drake maaaad shit on all those metrics but Nicki who cut from the same cloth as him can't be in his ranks ? If not Nicki who else is there ? Nicki helped birth the likes of Cardi B, Meg The Stallion and aaaalll these female rappers bussin it open and rapping like her. She clearly has the influence and impact. The problem with ABW is she's a woman.

If not Nicki who else can play 4th wheel and has the body of work and accolades to justify it from Drake's era ?
It’s almost like you blatantly ignored most of what you listed is due to the fact that she’s a woman lol

How would she have the same “accolades” if she was a man? She wouldn’t lol

nicki was a big fish in a small pond for the majority of her career and she has a lot of sales from females because…she’s a female

tenor.gif

If Nicki was a man she'd be in the conversation with Drake, Kendrick and J. Cole.

Her subject matter too basic to crack any sort of all time top 20 list. I do think if her music had more substance and varied topics, she had the chance to be the greatest female rapper of all time. But she just wanna talk about designer clothes and getting her pussy eaten.
So now she just remains in the lil Kim, foxy, cardi lane.
Lauryn, Missy, Latifah and eve on a higher tier

Back