Welcome To aBlackWeb

Would It Be Fair To Say The Vast Majority Of Legends Are From The 80s?

lmao ok lets go

are you trolling right now or what? They supposed to be legends cuz they got a bunch of flyers they passed around? Are you serious right now? NOBODY ever mentions them they did not have any lasting impact on the culture. What MC's today have said they were a huge influence? What sound is clearly influenced by them?

Again, your only argument is that they were one of the first to do it. I dont know if I ever heard a treacherous three song and they definitely didnt have a impact on the game

Same thing applies here, you can only say they were the first, noone considers him the best from that era

oh so you just throwing names out there now right? He didnt do anything with his gangsta rap song, according to you only a few good songs no classic albums but somehow hes a legend?

put it to a poll if you disagree

When people talk about influential female rappers noone says salt n peppa come on be serious. Lil Kim, foxy, Lauren Hill, queen latifah, sure but salt n peppa? nah son you reaching. 1st doesnt equal legend

the main thing anyone has ever heard about him in the last 2 decades was the rape allegations...not his music. I guess you can make the argument though because they do have a following all around the world

I like Ice T but hes not a legend he was just the first. NWA did everything he did but better and NWA had way more impact on the game. Aint noone making a motion picture based on his life, he had dope songs and is a vet but not a legend.

Nah son you bugging on Ice T & Salt N Pepa

Ok ill do the 90s

Jayz
Nas
2pac
Biggie
Wu tang
Eminem
Snoop dogg
Outkast
Bone thugs
Scarface
Ice cube

All them have had way more impact than half the people on your list

I agree with most of what you posted. You listed 11 people, but Ice Cube was in NWA so that makes your list 10 people/groups.

Now that I think about it, Scarface was in the Geto Boys, so he's from the 80s.

Jay Z released a few records in the 80s

You listed 8 people from the 90s, I listed 20 people from the 80s

I agree with most of what you posted. You listed 11 people, but Ice Cube was in NWA so that makes your list 10 people/groups.

So they cant have solo careers outside of their group?

And i listed 11 because my point was that half of your list of 20s isnt legends

And dont nitpick about jay having a song in the 80s thats pedantic

Everybody I listed is a legend. Everybody you listed is a legend too, even though three of them came out in the 80s

Bottom line is that I posted twice as many legends as you.

lmao ok lets go

are you trolling right now or what? They supposed to be legends cuz they got a bunch of flyers they passed around? Are you serious right now? NOBODY ever mentions them they did not have any lasting impact on the culture. What MC's today have said they were a huge influence? What sound is clearly influenced by them?

Again, your only argument is that they were one of the first to do it. I dont know if I ever heard a treacherous three song and they definitely didnt have a impact on the game

Same thing applies here, you can only say they were the first, noone considers him the best from that era

oh so you just throwing names out there now right? He didnt do anything with his gangsta rap song, according to you only a few good songs no classic albums but somehow hes a legend?

put it to a poll if you disagree

When people talk about influential female rappers noone says salt n peppa come on be serious. Lil Kim, foxy, Lauren Hill, queen latifah, sure but salt n peppa? nah son you reaching. 1st doesnt equal legend

the main thing anyone has ever heard about him in the last 2 decades was the rape allegations...not his music. I guess you can make the argument though because they do have a following all around the world

I like Ice T but hes not a legend he was just the first. NWA did everything he did but better and NWA had way more impact on the game. Aint noone making a motion picture based on his life, he had dope songs and is a vet but not a legend.

I don't agree with ts thread premise but this post is just a compilation of hater shit. Lmao.

So basically there aren't any legends from the 00s & 10s?

I would say

50 Cent
Lil Wayne
Drake

And possibly

UGK
Three Six Mafia
8 Ball & MJG

^^^ I don't really fuck with them like that, but their names always come up when discussing Southern Hip Hop.

90's
Redman
Naughty by nature
Onyx
Snoop
Nas
Biggie
Mob deep
Outkast
Dmx
I count Jay z
Pac
Method man
Raekwon
Ghostface
Mase
Canibus
Lol Kim
Foxy brown
Gangstarr
Dog pound
Cypress hill
Bone thugz
Busta rhymes
A tribe called quest
And i know i missed people 90's kill the 80's and it's not close

I’ll give you Scarface cuz of the Geto Boyz... but in no way should you have in your mind Jay-Z is an “80’s era” rapper. Even with Scarface his best work was all in the 90s/early 00’s. He had ONE album with the Geto Boys in the 80’s.

90's
Redman
Naughty by nature
Onyx
Snoop
Nas
Biggie
Mob deep
Outkast
Dmx
I count Jay z
Pac
Method man
Raekwon
Ghostface
Mase
Canibus
Lol Kim
Foxy brown
Gangstarr
Dog pound
Cypress hill
Bone thugz
Busta rhymes
A tribe called quest
And i know i missed people 90's kill the 80's and it's not close

Onyx ain't no legends.

You listed people that were hot in the 90s. But being hot in the 90s doesn't make you a legend. In order to be a "legend" you have to do something legendary, not just make good music.

Mobb Deep
Naughty By Nature
Redman
Cypress Hill

^^^I'm not sure if I would consider them legends or veterans that had a good career.

In other words, you can make the all-star team if you have a good year, but that doesn't mean you'll ever get inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Canibus had 2 good years 1997 and 1998. How does that make him a legend?

Onyx ain't no legends.

You listed people that were hot in the 90s. But being hot in the 90s doesn't make you a legend. In order to be a "legend" you have to do something legendary, not just make good music.

Mobb Deep
Naughty By Nature
Redman
Cypress Hill

^^^I'm not sure if I would consider them legends or veterans that had a good career.

In other words, you can make the all-star team if you have a good year, but that doesn't mean you'll ever get inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Canibus had 2 good years 1997 and 1998. How does that make him a legend?
Mobb with 3 arguably 4 great albums during the time when comp was highest not legends ??
Redman shook up shit when he came in dropped 3 consecutive dope albums
Naughty shook the game too.
How onyx not but sugar hill gang is, dudes known for 1 song meanwhile onyx gave you 3 dope albums. As for canibus his impact makes him legendary only thing that killed him was that trash ass production. Give bis solid beats on his debut and his career instantly becomes more respectable

Back